Ralph Cook Jr

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ralph Cook

Nov 1, 2000
Hello,
This is a terrific site, great information! I hope you will allow me to get to know some of you better. My friend Ian McCarthy and myself own the Titanc deck chair on exhibition at the "Titanic Ship Of Dreams" in Orlando Florida. I've noticed some of your comments and concerns about this chair. I own and operate a cleaning business and never thought of myself as a Titanic expert at all. However, this chair crossing my path has allowed me to meet many interesting people: George Telluck, Mike Harris, John Joslyn, Gary Shutlak, Senior Archivist at the Public Archives of Nova Scotia,Alan Ruffman, President of GeoMarine and author of the book Halifax and the Titanic Disaster, Dennis Cochrane, Claus Goram Wetterholm, Gloria Stewart,Kathie Lee. Please I'm not bragging by no means its just a very interesting story and if anyone wants to ask question or I can help explain anything, I am happy to answer. A documentary of our experience is being aired on TLC in 2001.

All the Best,
Ralph

You can learn more about the chair here at www.titanicdeckchair.com/tdc/provenance.html

Sep 12, 2000
Hey there Ralph, welcome!
I think it is great that you can come here and share with us.

I normally joke around about the "eBay KMArt Special on the authenic Resin Deckchairs, etc", but it is great to "meet" a person who actually does own a real Titanic Deck Chair! And most of this is done in fun on my part anyway.

Look forward to reading your posts here.
Enjoy your day!
Maureen.
Maureen.

Ralph Cook

Nov 1, 2000
Maureen,
I have been having fun selling replicas of the Titanic Deck Chair on Ebay. I have been surprised to learn about the variety of people interested in the Titanic. We went to allot of effort to make them as exact as possible.
Our chair has wooden slats different from the cane seating. This was something we later came to understand seeing a picture on the deck of the titanic showing both chair types.

Thank You
Ralph

Sep 12, 2000
Dear Ralph,

Great to hear from you. Regarding the chairs.
At least you really do sell replicas, I just am a lot of talk about my Kmart Blue Light Special-tagged authentic really for real Titanic Deck Resin Chairs.

Enjoy your day!
Maureen.

Status
Not open for further replies.