Ralph White lecture on the Titanic

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ed Weichsler

Feb 4, 2004
I try to stay out of the politics of Titanic, preferring (at this point in my life) to collect friendships vs political points of view. I just felt it worthy to mention that Mr White would be making a public appearance in Port Huron (the proceeds to benefit United Way of St Clair County).
It is not often that any of us can listen to one who has actually "been there" and this will sure beat listening to a viciously edited TV program. With the recent broadcast of TFMMP on the History Channel, I am hoping that Mr White will be able to clarify much of what was broadcast. If for no other reason, one should consider (if possible) attending. JMO

Feb 7, 2005
Hi, Ed.

I appreciate you posting the information about Ralph White's appearance in Port Huron later this month. I really didn't think of any "political" implications when I read your post, although I understand (unfortunately) what you mean. I agree with you that it would be very interesting to hear what Mr. White has to say about his most recent dives to the wreck.

I would love to attend the talk, but since I live in the Cleveland, OH, area it would be a bit of a haul to get up there, especially on a Thursday. We're still thinking about it, however...

Denise

Tad G. Fitch

Dec 13, 1999
Hello Denise, how are you? Just checking to see if you got my response to your message to me from some time ago. I tried replying through ET, but am not sure whether or not it went through. If it did not, please contact me privately. Bill has my private e-mail address. Hope you had a good weekend!
Tad

Feb 7, 2005
Hi, Tad! I'm very well, thank you--hope you are, too. Didn't receive your reply through ET for some reason. I'll be in touch!

Denise

Ed Weichsler

Feb 4, 2004
Glad to hear you're considering it, Denise. It's freeway, all the way (I80-I75-I94 & you're here.

I've made the trip many times during the 80's when I used to belong to the "Nifty Fifties Ford Club". My sponsor used to be an officer in the Macedonia PD, although I'm sure he's long since retired.
Please advise if the journey becomes "a go".

Status
Not open for further replies.