Real-Time Empress Of Ireland Sinking

Dec 23, 2017
Don't worry about releasing it as soon as possible it will be worth the wait.

By the way, you probably thought of this, but have you though of releasing 2 Empress of Ireland videos? Meaning one is the entire documentary and the other is just the simulation (partly to avoid "she only sank in X amount of time, why the video this long?" kind of comments.
Might be a idea, i could in the video just have a link to a unlisted video of it

Reactions: 1 user

Kas01

May 24, 2018
To be entirely fair, you're going to get those kinds of comments anyway. That's just how the YouTube comments section works.

Reactions: 1 users

PRR5406

Jun 9, 2016
Maine
There is a minor -very minor- hiccup in the final plunge of the stern, as has been pointed out, but in terms of "Did I see what I think I just saw?", it really doesn't affect the video. Once again, this is the best of the sinking models you've posted. With the exception of bubbles and debris swirling on the surface or gouting from the dying ship, I think you've hit it.

Reactions: 1 user

PRR5406

Jun 9, 2016
Maine
I think the ship disappears, then we see the stern once more, in the same plunge. I may be incorrect. The overall work is stupendous.

Dec 23, 2017
I can assure you from watching the animation underwater that it does not pop up after the ship sank, unless you mean how the stern somewhat "pops" up as the bow is going down and the propeller comes clear for a moment, that is based off survivor accounts

mjn9

Jul 4, 2018
Amazing overall, much like the Lusitania vid.

Only nitpick is that the Empress is stopped when struck; it was proven through simulations and diving expeditions to the engine room that Kendall had lied at his testimony and that the Empress was moving at the time.

Dec 23, 2017
Just keep in mind that that particular doc has some issues with it, im not saying who is to blame in this situation ( i think both ships have blame myself)

Dec 23, 2017

Finally done, Thanks everyone for all the help!

Edit: Something went wrong and its too dark!!!!!!!, re rendering the animation now

Last edited: