Real-Time Lusitania Sinking

Apr 11, 2019
france, alsace
work this time gonna watch the documentary after some "the great war" youtube channel video(a verry good channel about this conflict wich recapitulate it week by week and with a lot of special ant other video)..

Dec 23, 2017
Well its done.

Its been a wild ride these past two years, but the Lusitania saga for me is finally over and has drawn to a close.

I want to thank everyone for the support and help on this 2+ year endeavor to animate and recreate her sinking, it really helped my hand somehow get through all the clicking.

Demo can be found here in its final form. Had quite a number run though it and test it out and it is now stable. Will get a minimum and recommended specs out soon too. You can now freely share it/record it ect.

Apr 4, 2019
Absolutely amazing! I have to say it was scary when the water began to rush the boat deck. It is so alarming to see how quickly the waves sweep up the deck. Just as the stern disappeared I was standing at the docking bridge and it just seems to go so quickly. It must have been absolutely horrifying for those clinging to whatever they could for balance. Well done on this absolutely spectacular program!!
~Mike

Reactions: Itsstillthinking

NikkiChan92

Apr 14, 2019
Maine, USA
I jumped the gun with my last comment it seems haha, Still looking forward to the next build, the one that was put up today seems a bit more optimized than before, rarely dropping below 30 fps until the final plunge but otherwise getting smoother and smoother which each update. :)

Scott Gaspari

Sep 12, 2017
Howdy. This looks amazing, however when I go to download it, the mediafire link says to contact the file owner, as there is a problem.

Thanks for taking a look into this.

NikkiChan92

Apr 14, 2019
Maine, USA
I was also worried about this and personally (and i really hope I don't sound rude aa /.\ ) I'd rather take the demo as is but more optimized overtime than have you stress to have interiors out by may 7th. Interiors would and will be nice but I just don't think you should stress to have these out by may7th, You can always take additional time over the year to work on the demo more and figure out the kinks to Unreal Engine 4 and getting more performance out of it so interiors can be added while keeping a stable fps. :)

These preview shots look great btw :D

Dec 23, 2017
Since the corridiors are a huge performace sucker, im going to wall off all the forward corridors and just include a disclaimer on it

Apr 29, 2019
The Netherlands
Indeed, I would be happy enough with only the first class (and maybe second class ;)) entrance on A-Deck. You should not stress this out only for 7th May. However these screenshots are a dream to see.