Real-Time Lusitania Sinking

Apr 29, 2019
The Netherlands
I do like the interiors. Hopefully they can be added one day to the main animation, but I do understand what issues you get. My (old) PC could not handle the interiors on maximum settings (even with a GTX 960), despite running the main demo with the sinking perfectly on max. Still, a great tribute to the RMS Lusitania.

FelisLeopard

Jan 9, 2019
Ukraine
Congratulations with your new demo release! Downloading it now. I have to say, that your model is way more detailed, than mine. Which makes me think what should i do with her now... Maybe i'll just share it.

Dec 23, 2017
Congratulations with your new demo release! Downloading it now. I have to say, that your model is way more detailed, than mine. Which makes me think what should i do with her now... Maybe i'll just share it.
Dont be crazy! The Trees in the cafe probably equal to like half of the polys in this model.

It looks fantastic!

Apr 29, 2019
The Netherlands
I know understand what got the interiors to run so slow with me, it is the shadows. My graphic card (GTX 960) cannot handle the amount of data even on medium settings. The interior shadows are realistic, but they demand a lot of GPU performance. The ship at sunset also got my computer to run the exterior slower, it has to do with the shadows. Next year I get a new computer and hopefully can visit the interiors with shadows on maximum settings by 2020.

Last edited:
Reactions: Itsstillthinking
Dec 23, 2017
I know understand what got the interiors to run so slow with me, it is the shadows. My graphic card (GTX 960) cannot handle the amount of data even on medium settings. The interior shadows are realistic, but they demand a lot of GPU performance. The ship at sunset also got my computer to run the exterior slower, it has to do with the shadows. Next year I get a new computer and hopefully can visit the interiors with shadows on maximum settings by 2020.
Its also not the best programmed, unlike H&G, i cant bake the lights to dramaticly improve performance, as my level is not static and is constantly moving.

Seumas

Mar 25, 2019
Glasgow, Scotland
I hadn't seen that documentary before ! Thanks for posting it up. Will watch it later.

The film "The Carpet from Bagdad", an adventure-mystery just released in the USA, was aboard her and one water damaged reel (it was a five reel film) of it is what these chaps found.

They took it to the British Film Institute who were able to recover a number of individual frames from the reel and identify the title but the full reel of film itself was damaged beyond any kind of restoration let alone projection.

And how about this for a co-incidence ......

One of the actors in "The Carpet from Bagdad" was a Mr Guy Oliver. Three years earlier he had appeared alongside one Dorothy Gibson in "Saved From The Titanic" !

Reactions: Itsstillthinking
Dec 23, 2017
Before people start reporting, yes the demo has been removed and will remain so until the immediate future.

This was because of some very exiting behind the scenes developments, that hopefully sill lead to some projects that are far better than my sad little demo.

I want to thank everyone for the support and interest shown in this project, it helped open up some doors and while that i cant tell right now, but will hopefully lead to some better quality content.

I only ask is for people to please try to no self host an old build or anything, lets try and keep the old demo from being widely circulated.

Again, my thanks for all the feedback and constructive criticism from the past two years on this!

Harland Duzen

Jan 14, 2017
Your demo was anything but sad or little. It's the biggest interactive, high quality demo of the Lusitania yet made!

Regardless, Happy to hear it's helped you and I hope you and it go far. :D

Bon voyage and good luck!

(The photo above is of people waving off the Aquitania, but it still works well here...)