Real-Time Lusitania Sinking

Dec 23, 2017
Decided to fix the camera for the animation. Also below are the general key frames of the ship. Whats everyone think of the angles?

Dec 23, 2017
Got some sad news, my master copy of the fixed model just got corrupted, so im going to completely start over for the next week. Sorry everyone about this but enjoy some new beautiful textures :D

Was using dual screen to have multiple models/pictures open so sorry about the that :)
Screenshot (74).png
Screenshot (75).png

Dec 23, 2017
Found some models of people did of the interior and just tried one of them. As you can see the textures got messed up again but maybe if i get time i will fix them. I might be able to incorporate some interior shots if people want them

Dec 23, 2017
For the credits sequence i was wondering something what you guys thought. While i have in my head how most of the video will play out im at a conflict on the credits. My plan is to simply have wreck footage playing with the text ect but im at a loss for which of these two songs to play. One the one hand i have in my head to play "Remembrance" from Schindler's List as it fits the mood of the sinking. But on the other hand i want to do a little nod to one of the main sources of inspiration fro me to to this back when i saw it in 08. Tom L. Lego Lusitania Video had a nice melody that i never knew what it was called until a few days ago and not sure which one would be best suited. What do you guys think?

Finally found what it was after 10 years!

his video

Kyle Naber

Oct 5, 2016
For the credits sequence i was wondering something what you guys thought. While i have in my head how most of the video will play out im at a conflict on the credits. My plan is to simply have wreck footage playing with the text ect but im at a loss for which of these two songs to play. One the one hand i have in my head to play "Remembrance" from Schindler's List as it fits the mood of the sinking. But on the other hand i want to do a little nod to one of the main sources of inspiration fro me to to this back when i saw it in 08. Tom L. Lego Lusitania Video had a nice melody that i never knew what it was called until a few days ago and not sure which one would be best suited. What do you guys think?

Finally found what it was after 10 years!

his video

A bit chiché, but that’s okay ;)

Reactions: Itsstillthinking
Dec 23, 2017
With the Doc footage that will be used there will be already two Enya tunes in it ;) great tune nonetheless! this is still weeks/months away so well see til then

Harland Duzen

Jan 14, 2017
Personally, I think the Medal of Honor soundtrack would work better than Schlinder's List.

Other songs I would recommend could be:

Dunkirk:
  • We Need Our Army Back (Sombre)
  • Shivering Soldier (Sombre)
  • End Credits (1/3) or Variation 15 (uplifting)
Blade Runner 2049:
  • All The Best Memories Are Hers (sombre)
  • Tears in the Rain (Sombre + uplifting)
Miscellaneous songs:
  • Theme Tune to Britannic (2000) by Alan Parker (Sombre)
  • Maybe anything from the soundtrack of War Horse (since both set in WW1)
  • Anything period accurate like Songe d'Automne (Look up ''Titanic Orchestra'' on Youtube) or Google songs from White Star / Cunard Songsheets.
Maybe try some music from here: The Lusitania and World War I in Music

Good luck!

Dec 23, 2017
I like some of those selections! wish the Britannic OST was available somewhere, decent movie but great music

Thanks for all the help everyone, lets hope everyone can make this special :D

Reactions: Harland Duzen
Dec 23, 2017
I hope i will able to make a wreck model and was just doing a quick underwater test with a WW1 ship. Whats everyone think? i think i need to make it more green

Dec 23, 2017
Found a interesting model someone made, not 100% accurate but helps give the sense on where the wreck broke her back on the way down
wreckaft.jpg
wreckfoward.jpg
wreckport.jpg
wreckside.jpg

Dec 23, 2017
while its clear this model is more based of the 60's version of the wreck, i still don know how it turned into this mess, the irish navy must have dropped a lot of depth charges when they where doing target practice
Lusitania Stern.jpg

Harland Duzen

Jan 14, 2017
Did another water test, trying to master it so it looks decent but so far no luck

No offence, but that seems a bit too choppy and since the main aim of the video is to be informative / educative (mainly to those with only a basic understanding of the sinking) It would be best to keep it flat so people have a clear sense of the waterline.

Personally I preferred the water tests from Post #41 and / or #45, but feel free to continue enhancing or perfecting them. It looking great so far!

Dec 23, 2017
Think nothing of it, constructive criticism is the best!

Im nailing down how choppy to get the water, with different settings im "perfecting it" im going to have it basically flat now as i found the best setting i think. Next week il show some more

Reactions: Harland Duzen
Dec 23, 2017
Little off topic here but in looking for some info on the lifeboats i cam across the masterpiece.

They where so lazy they used the Titanic as reference for the sinking

no0gl6-lusitaniasinkingfinalcopy.gif