Real Titanic DNA Wristwatch

Feb 4, 2007
Denver, Colorado, United States
This article from CNN is amazing. People will try to market and sell anything. I think that someone could have just as much of the Titanic experience by purchasing a piece of Titanic coal from RMS Titanic Inc. and scribbling some of it onto the face of their own watch. Or maybe powder it into some of their food to have an "internal" experience (or maybe just a good clean-out). Now that's a story. No offense, but I think this is a bit much.

Titanic resurfaces as luxury watch
POSTED: 8:28 a.m. EDT, April 13, 2007

BASEL, Switzerland (Reuters) -- Steel and coal from the Titanic have been transformed into a new line of luxury wristwatches that claim to capture the essence of the legendary ocean liner which sank in 1912.

Geneva watchmaker Romain Jerome SA billed its "Titanic-DNA" collection as among the most exclusive pieces showcased this week at Baselworld, the watch and jewellery industry's largest annual trade fair.

"It is very luxurious and very inaccessible," said Yvan Arpa, chief executive of the three-year-old company that hopes the limited edition watches will attract both collectors and garrulous luxury goods buyers.

"So many rich people buy incredibly complicated watches without understanding how they work, because they want a story to tell," Arpa said. "To them we offer a story." Continued...............click on link below.

http://www.cnn.com/2007/WORLD/europe/04/13/titanicwatches.reut/index.html

Dec 2, 2000
Easley South Carolina
Persoanlly, I wouldn't want that watch if I was being paid to wear it. I don't begrudge anybody who does want it but for me, this thing is pushing the ghoulish line a tad to far for my taste.

As always, your results may vary.