REALLY old ships

Kyrila Scully

Apr 15, 2001
South Florida
OK, so you heard about my obsession with the new pirate movie. I'm a romance writer, remember?
smile.gif
But, how many of you, like me, are also fascinated with the tall ships of the earliest transocean voyages, like the ships in the pirate movie? What did you think about these three ships they featured? I thought they were magnificent myself. Hated to see that one ship blown up, and hoping it was just a model and not the real ship that was destroyed. I was enjoying the details of the ship's cabin as much as the swordplay. The costumes seemed to be out of their time period, though. Any other comments related to the ships?

Kyrila

Feb 6, 2003
I have seen the movie twice now and think the ships in the movie are great. I have a suspicion that the Dauntless in the film is none other then the HMS Victory of Nelson and Trafalger fame do you agree.

Kyrila Scully

Apr 15, 2001
South Florida
No, Joshua, not the Victory, but you can see the list of ships in the credits. They identify each crew member of each ship. If you wait until the end of the credits, you're rewarded with a hidden scene setting up the sequel. I've seen it six times. Will try to remember to jot down the names of the ships when I return for #7.

Kyrila

Erik Wood

Apr 10, 2001
If you love the tall ships, you will the movie coming out called "Command at Sea" it is about the Revoultionary sea battles.

Feb 6, 2003
Thanks Kyrila I didn't know there was an ending like that I ve seen it twice and missed it both times ooops. What ship was it really if you now please. thank you