Reedited to show breakup

Status
Not open for further replies.
Z

Zack Wyatt

Do you guys think that "A Night to Remember" should be re-edited to show the Titanic breaking in two?

Z

Zack Wyatt

It does look good sinking in the movie, but I always get a kick out of seeing it breaking in two!

Luke Owens

Jan 18, 2007
I'd rather it was left alone. But, then, I don't believe in colorizing films, either. <g>

But consider this: ANTR was made using the knowledge of the time. Wouldn't it be better to keep it intact so that future Titanophiles can see the evolution of our knowledge?

Luke

Z

Zack Wyatt

I don't think so, because people would believe false information about the ship going down intact.

Dave Gittins

Mar 16, 2000
If you are going to show the breakup, you might as well remake the whole film. It's riddled with errors, from the launching to Captain Lord in his bunk. Let it stand.

>> I don't think so, because people would believe
>> false information about the ship going down
>> intact.

No they won't. Everyone knows that the Titanic broke in two. The information is everywhere in every bit of documentation on the Titanic since the wreck was found.

I'm not so concerned about the footage being edited together. It's just a fan-edit and not an official thing. ANTR will never be re-edited because the owners of it (Rank or whoever) would never allow it. Wasn't it the highest-grossing British film in history up to that point? I guess we could always edit different footage into Spartacus or Ben-Hur or Gone With the Wind to reflect the latest research...

It's just not going to happen officially.

Bob Godfrey

Nov 22, 2002
UK
The most-watched British film at that time was Spring in Park Lane (1948). ANTR made less money than the low budget Carry On comedies, and its viewing figures in the US were especially disappointing. But it might well have cost more than any other UK production up to that point.

Status
Not open for further replies.