Regina

Dec 4, 2000
I missed it last night, Chris, but that's OK because I was interviewed for the program. They based most of their information on my book, "White Hurricane." The shipboard scenes were recreated aboard the museum ship S.S. Wills B. Boyer in Toledo.

-- David G. Brown

Dec 2, 2000
Easley South Carolina
>>The shipboard scenes were recreated aboard the museum ship S.S. Wills B. Boyer in Toledo.<<

I thought some of those spaces looked familier. I've seen this documentary three times now. I'm going to have to break down and buy a copy sometime this year.

Erik Wood

Apr 10, 2001
My wife and I where surprised to see our friend Dave but found the documentary for the most part interesting. Being the technical geek that I am, I wished for some more solid evidence and explanation on how they came to the conclusion that the Regina sank due to a grounding.

The evidence provided and conclusions seemed to be unproven to me. It was good all the same.

Dec 4, 2000
The program tried to make it seem that the hosts "discovered" the ship struck prior to sinking. In fact, the opening in the bottom that led to Regina's demise was one of the first things found on the wreck by Wayne Brusate and his friends when they really did discover Regina. I've seen photos of the damage which appears to be a dent at a bottom seam caused by the ship "sitting" down on a rock. This would have been quite possible along the Michigan coastline that night.

-- David G. Brown