Reginald Fenton Butler

• Thread starter Evert ten Houten (Evert)
  • Start date

E

Evert ten Houten (Evert)

Is there any one who has any information on R.Butler.His daughter has just turned 90 years, and his son Norman died 1998 in Australia. I am his grandson.

E

Evert ten Houten (Evert)

R.Butler

I'm the grandson of R.Butler who was reportedly 45 yrs. when he was found.He was infact only 24yrs.My mother (his daughter)never new him. I would like to find as much information as posseble to give to my mother as she has found it very hard to show any interest at all . At the time of the accident she was only 4yrs.old

E

Evert ten Houten (Evert)

Mike,

That is correct: Reginald Fenton Butler

Nov 22, 2000
There seems to be some confusion here regarding Reginald Fenton Butler. He was unmarried at the time of his death and had become engaged to a Southsea girl named Dulcie, whose surname escapes me, a matter of three days before sailing. Reg had been living with his brother, Edgar John Butler, who was the landlord of the Grenada Hotel, Grenada Road, Southsea, Hampshire. Following his death, his fiance had red carnations placed on his grave at Fairview Cemetery on the anniversary.

Geoff Whitfield
British Titanic Society

E

Evert ten Houten (Evert)

Geoff

Thanks for your information.Reginald Fenton Butler
had three children.Eva ,Norman and Dorris who now resides in the Netherlands aged 90.He most likely got divorced before commencing his journy to the U.S.in search for a new life.My mother as a small child never actually new her father.My Grandmother,remarried and had never spoken about Reginald. It was only by accident that my mother's half brother told the story who at the moment is slowly dying from cancer .

Mar 26, 2009
Does anyone have extra info on Reginald Butler! Please and thankyou!

[Moderator's note: This message, originally a separate thread, has been moved to this pre-existing (albeit quite old) thread discussing the same passenger. MAB]

Dec 7, 2010
we are the descendants of his brother Frank A Butler-Engineering rear Admiral-Royal Navy ,who died 13 april 1949 in Deal aged 70. he had two daughters,Joan unmarried born 5 october 1912/ died sept 1980 and Helen Valerie Coyle born 10 nov 1918/died 23 oct2010. two surviving daughters- Diana Falkner born 13 aug1942 and Rosamund Portsmouth born
6 march 1944. we are keen to know more .regards

J

jean halff

I was in Fairview Lawn Cemetery in Halifax, Nova Scota and saw the grave of Reginald Fenton Butler a crew member from the Titanic. However, I have not been able to find his name on the list of deceased. Any hints on finding him??

Jean Butler Halff

[Moderator's note: This message, originally posted to a different thread in another topic, has been moved to this existing thread about this passenger. MAB]