Reincarnated souls of Titanic victims

Bob Godfrey

Nov 22, 2002
UK
The subject is harmless provided that it doesn't leak out of containment in threads such as this one. The problems start when reincarnation 'memories' intrude into debates about what certain individuals did, said or thought back in 1912. The rule is never to lay claim to inside information by virtue of having been there! :)

Mark Baber

Dec 29, 2000
The other rule is to respect other people's beliefs on this subject, no matter how strongly you believe to the contrary.

Dec 2, 2000
Easley South Carolina
>>I don't see why this discussion need to get nasty.<<

Because re-incarnation, when you get down to it, is a religious creed based on faith. Like all such creeds, those who believe in such feel very threatened when such beliefs are challanged in any way. When people feel threatened, they tend to get extremely nasty about it. All told, a remarkable sequence of cause and effect and your moderating team really doesn't want to have to clean up the mess that follows.

S

sashka pozzetti

I don't want to challenge people who believe in re-incarnation. It would be very exhausting especially with all the people of different faiths that do believe in it. I don't believe in it at all, but I am still interested because it was a subject of interest to Titanic passengers and I want to try and understand other peoples point of view, however alien it is to me.

Jason D. Tiller

Dec 3, 2000
Niagara Falls, Ontario
Anyway you look at it, people still feel that they are being put in an uncomfortable position. When it's a controversial issue such as this, people are bound to get on the defensive.

We just want the membership to be careful with this issue, that's all we are asking.

Dec 2, 2000
Easley South Carolina
A couple of other interesting links:

http://skepdic.com/reincarn.html

The notorious Bridey Murphy case is discussed at http://skepdic.com/bridey.html

Make sure you follow all of the links for the give and take on this subject.

Personally, I niether believe nor disbelieve in this sort of thing. If it happens, then it happens. If it doesn't then it doesn't. It's never, in and of itself, been substantiated either way, although a lot of claims have been falsified.

Kelly Tryon

Dec 3, 2006
Well, I am always unusually cold. when others are sweating and complaining while in shorts and a t-shirt, I am complaining about being cold while in a sweatshirt and jeans. could that mean anything?? also, i always knew the day that the Titanic sank. I always knew the date of the sinking was April 15th, 1912 and other people didn't know that. I felt it was a very basic fact for everyone to know. I've been interested in the Titanic since I was younger and I would read books and stuff about it. So I've felt a sort of attraction to the Titanic ever since I was young. Sometimes when I go swimming or take a shower, I feel like I can hear the faint sounds of screaming in my head. I would be like "mommy, what's going on??" and she'd asked me "what do you mean?? nothing is wrong." so I only heard that in my head....

i am not sure if any of this means anything. it probably doesn't. but i feel some sort of connection to the Titanic. even if I never experienced it in a past life or anything, I still care a lot about those who did experience the real thing. it seems like an absolutely terrible thing to have gone through...

---Kelly.

May 27, 2007
Michael>> It's never, in and of itself, been substantiated either way, although a lot of claims have been falsified.<<

True !
If I see one more Halloween special about how I was on Titanic in a former life and my name was Thomas Andrews, I am gonna scream. There I said it.
Actually I don't disbelieve in reincarnation. I worked with a girl in Laramie Wyo. who thought she was Jack The Ripper in a former life. She swore I was Mary Kelly in a former life. What I said to her when she told me this was and I quote. "Fancy that you were a man who liked to terrorize women." "I was one of the women you terrorized." "Well now who's the man you crazy-." She laughed herself silly over that. If what she said is true then I'm gonna hunt her up and -, "I saw morgue pictures of what happened to Mary Kelly that I didn't know about at the time Miss L. you better run and hide."

Please note I did not mean to give effense to anyone. I am just stating my story of what I know about reincarnation which isn't much.

Dec 2, 2000
Easley South Carolina
>>could that mean anything?? <<

Ask your doctor. If you feel cold when everybody else feels hot, maybe there's something about your matabolism that's at the root of this. As to the rest, daydreams can be surprisingly vivid if you get wrapped up in them.

M

Mr. James Lewis Hannah

Hello everyone - I'm new to the message board.

I too believe I was reincarnated from the Titanic disaster - primarily due to the fact of me receiving past-life memories. Although I only remember the events that led up to my death, I know enough to piece together that fateful night as well as the voyage. I was Harold Victor Goodwin, 9 years old, and I boarded Titanic with my parents, 2 sisters, 2 older brothers, and my baby brother. We all were lost in the sinking. Even the friends I met onboard also died. My family was originally supposed to travel to America on the S.S. New York, but due to the coal strike - our bookings was forwarded to Titanic.

I remember how obsessed I became when I learned of the tragedy in a 3rd grade reading assignment,(I was 9 then) but it never dawned on me why, until my recollection of my past when I was 18. Ever since then, I have wondered what it would be like if I ran into someone who shared this same event. I never have liked water for as long as I can remember - I won't step into water that can go over my head, but for some reason, the attraction to ships and the ocean has compelled me so much that I literally moved from the Kansas City, Missouri area - to Long Beach, California. I know I drowned on the Titanic - I was fortunate enough not to endure the pain of freezing to death. My interest in ships came from back then too when I was inspired by the Titanic's elaborate beauty. As I look back, and then I remember my visit to the Queen Mary - I personally think that the QM has nothing on the Titanic nor her sisters except their size.

I hear stories all the time about how people involved with traffic accidents, shootings, or natural causes have been reincarnated - and if that be the case - then it shouldn't be too hard to believe that at least some people of the Titanic's 1,522 victims could have been reincarnated - not to mention ones of survivors who died shortly thereafter.

If anyone has reactions to Titanic-related events (such as cold water, of the fear of it) it could very much be possible - it might be interesting to figure out who you were for your own sake. In fact - once I realized who I was - I had more past life memories.

I do, however, also believe that we aren't to dwell in our past. Remember it - absolutely! Study it - sure! But sometimes we get our past-life memories to tell us something - rather it be to dispell myths, or to prove them, or to tell us to continue what we started in the previous life, or even for use as inspiration or warning. I strongly agree that these memories don't come to us because we have to relive it emotionally.

What my sister told me: "Listen to your dreams and memories, don't relive them."

Smart girl. I did - and now I am starting where I left off. And what I am doing could be the stepping stones of my future in business and life.

Jason D. Tiller

Dec 3, 2000
Niagara Falls, Ontario
Hello James,

Welcome aboard. I don't mean to be a wet blanket, but if you wish to discuss the reincarnation issue, please tread lightly. We've had some nasty discussions here, that almost resulted in a meltdown of the message board.

Kelly Tryon

Dec 3, 2006
well, everybody is entitled to their opinion, including on the subject of reincarnation. So if somebody doesn't believe in the subject, they should avoid this discussion. But, of course, not all non-believers will stay away, and will possibly start up trouble. So treading lightly is a good idea. And if anyone is insulted by this board, and does say something, an effort should be made to avoid any problems. So we should keep this message board friendly, no matter what. We're all here to discuss the Titanic in a nice friendly way, and to share and learn. So it would be best to keep things peaceful.
happy.gif

---Kelly.

M

Mr. James Lewis Hannah

I do apologize if my last message is offending to anyone. Not trying to make trouble, but as this was my first time on the board, I put down what I thought to be "all right."

This might sound wierd, but maybe you [Jason] could tell me exactly what you mean by "tread lightly", not on reincarnation issues itself, but what parts of it?
And, if it's all right to be posted, just how nasty did the discussions get enough to shut down the message board? Could it have been really that bad?
Any beliefs is going to have 2 sides. Personally - I agree with Kelly - let's try to keep things peaceful - but everyone is entitled to their own opinion.
Again - I don't mean to be offensive.

- James

Jason D. Tiller

Dec 3, 2000
Niagara Falls, Ontario
Hello James,

No worries; you're not the first newbie to make their first post about this issue. What I mean by "tread lightly" is to be very careful when discussing this issue, as it's very controversial by respecting everyone's opinion, whether they believe in it or not; some do and some don't. That means no flamewars and no personal attacks against anyone. You're welcome to discuss it, but please keep those points in mind.

Yes, it was that bad that it almost shutdown the board, but I'm not going into details about it. You can see for yourself by clicking on the following links:

https://www.encyclopedia-titanica.org/discus/messages/5921/4774.html?978448837

https://www.encyclopedia-titanica.org/discus/messages/5921/8244.html?1008266934

https://www.encyclopedia-titanica.org/discus/messages/5921/26095.html?1022129868

Dec 2, 2000
Easley South Carolina
>>But, of course, not all non-believers will stay away, and will possibly start up trouble.<<

Kelly, Believers have done the same thing and some...though by no means all...were dramatically worse then non-believers. As ET really isn't the forum for resolving differences of opinion on matters of faith, it's really better if nobody tries to make an issue of it.

Inger Sheil

Dec 3, 2000
I think much of the problem stemmed from certain individuals claiming to have been reincarnated passengers or crew who made controversial claims based on their "past life memories" or who introduced what they claimed was "new evidence" without identifying its source as these "memories". There has been hostility on both sides - both from researchers frustrated by encountering these accounts (and, in some cases, being fed false information under the guise that it was derived from a more conventional source), and on the other side hostility from those who claim to be reincarnees who do not like their claims challenged.

Personally I see no reason why this subject should be taboo - as I've said in past discussion when it was suggested the subject be banned, I think people have a right to their beliefs and opinions, and should be entitled to state them.

The flip side is, of course, that those who do not believe in reincarnation have a right to challenge these beliefs, particularly when specific statements about the events that night are made.

I've known individuals who believe in reincarnation who have been valuable contributers to research and discussion on the "Titanic" (usually either they don't believe they were aboard in a past life, or if they do they don't let it intrude into research discussions).

Personally, I've had it suggested to me by various individuals that I was connected in some way with the disaster in a past life. Unfortunately, they've nominated three different people they believe I was
happy.gif

But please...we do *not* need another William Murdoch. We have a surfeit of Murdochs. And his wife. And purported lovers. These roles are filled!

T

Timothy Trower

I've just read through the three threads listed in Jason's post above.

There is a good reason that one of the other Titanic message boards has this policy: "Reincarnation: Please refrain from discussing reincarnation, as historically, it has caused a lot of problems for both the forum and its members."

Frankly, all that will happen is that the two Captain Smith's that I know will come to fisticuffs over who is the real Smith. (And that doesn't count one of the others that I knew who recently died.)

Kelly Tryon

Dec 3, 2006
Sorry. I think I should stop posting stuff here, right?? I can never type anything right and it never comes out as being exactly what I mean. So my last post doesn't mean anything. It was just stupid.... it isn't what i meant to post. it just isn't worded right. I'm sorry.
sad.gif

---Kelly.