Reincarnated souls of Titanic victims

May 27, 2007
I hope you keep posting Kelly because your only 14. Everybody got to start somewhere. Believe me. I'm always going off topic and mixing up my facts. Just read up on what you stating and check over your posts before you post them. You don't have to post them right that second. I take certain amount of time to post to make sure I got my ducks in a row. Hope you stay. you might want to just leave alone the reincarnation issue for now and concentrate on other areas of ET. Hope to see you around.
happy.gif

Jason D. Tiller

Dec 3, 2000
Niagara Falls, Ontario
Kelly,

I think I should stop posting stuff here, right??
Rubbish! Don't stop posting, just because you think your last post wasn't good, although it made sense to me. It can be hard to say what you really mean sometimes, but it happens. It'll get better with time, so the trick is to keep posting.

M

Mr. James Lewis Hannah

Thanks for clarifying that up, Jason. I did actually take a look at those links - I couldn't tell if I wanted to be shocked or just start laughing out loud.
I'll make sure nothing of that sort comes from me.

In regards to Kelly - I question what you mean? The last post you sent sounded just fine to me. Keep posting!!!

To Inger: Your last lines in your previous message, personally gave me a good hearted laugh as well. In some ways - I can now understand some of the controversies.

Inger Sheil

Dec 3, 2000
Kelly, please don't go. You're expressing yourself just fine. Some of have been here a long time and are comfortable enough with each other to banter and/or get into fairly rigorous discussions without the usual polite preamble, but when you're new to the board I know we can come across as unwelcoming when we do that. Hang around and settle in, and don't be afraid to argue your position. Just be aware that this is an open messageboard, and you will (inevitably) encounter people who have different opinions.

James, you've got a good sense of humour (and not just because you're chuckling at me). You'll fit in well here
happy.gif

Dec 2, 2000
Easley South Carolina
>>Sorry. I think I should stop posting stuff here, right??<<

Wrong.

Post away, listen to the feedback, offer some of your own, make it a two way street. That's how you learn things. Just be mindful of the fact that in any debate or discussion, it won't always go your way. It doesn't always go my way either but I don't quit a board because of disagreements on matters of opinion.

Bob Godfrey

Nov 22, 2002
UK
This particular thread's quiet right now, James, but the message board has a great many others and many of them are buzzing. Look around, explore, and join in.

May 27, 2007
I hope not. I guess most people on ET are taking a much needed break from reincarnation. Both of my folks believe in reincarnation so I was raised with an open mind in regards to it. I know on earlier posts it seamed i was making fun of it but that was true what I said. I did know a girl in Wyoming who swore up and down that she was Jack The Ripper. Anyway I don't want to go into that again. I myself haven't ever had any experience with reincarnation. I guess I'm a new soul or I had some really messed up former lives as my friend always told me. Of course she said I blacked them out and begged me to have past life regression hypnoses. I told her that if I did have past lives I wanted to leave them in the past.

Dec 2, 2000
Easley South Carolina
>>I guess most people on ET are taking a much needed break from reincarnation.<<

Actually, it'a probably more like shell-shock. The subject has been done to death with a lot of hostility and nothing that might be taken for any sort of resolution in sight. The idea of making the subject utterly taboo is something that has been seriously considered by this forum's staff for just that reason.

Wade Sisson

Jan 10, 2008
I taught a community outreach class about the history of the Titanic through the local university a few years ago, and one of the students in the class claimed to have been a Titanic victim reincarnated. I think part of the reason this topic generates so much fervor among students of the Titanic is that we love the history. History is usually about facts - names, dates and information that can be verified through research. Reincarnation falls outside the realm of physical proof, so it rubs some of us the wrong way. While I prefer to stick to the things about Titanic that we can learn through research, I'm also fascinated by the things we'll never know. So while I greet any talk of reincarnation with a furrowed brow, I still want to read about the stories and experiences, and I appreciate that this forum allows me to do so.

May 27, 2007
History is usually about facts - names, dates and information that can be verified through research. Reincarnation falls outside the realm of physical proof, so it rubs some of us the wrong way.
Hi Wade,

Ya nailed it. Like you I love reincarnation stories. Don't have any of my own alas. Even with dejaveu, but that doesn't mean I don't like to listen\read to others.

Although I really don't like it when folks start messing with historical facts with just their past life experiences to go on. But that's just me so usually though I keep my mouth shut and let them talk. Sometimes though this Topic can be fun and informative.

Dec 2, 2000
Easley South Carolina
>>I appreciate that this forum allows me to do so.<<

All we ask is that one tread lightly on this. The catch with all of these stories is that most of the claimants insist they they're some notable person reborn, memories and all, and one has to wonder just how many Murdochs, Lightollers, and Ismays are out there. If one of them is right, the rest by definition are dead wrong, but few people ever care to see reason on this and get downright nasty when questioned.

I neither believe nor disbelieve in it. If it happens, it happens, and if it doesn't, then it just doesn't. There's nothing I can do about it either way, but my colleagues and I prefer not to have to clean up the mess if something gets going.