Remembering Louise Kink Pope

Apr 16, 2001
A beautiful tribute, Shell. It's hard to imagine Lou has been gone almost ten years. 1992 was a sad year - I remember Bertram Dean, Marjorie and then Lou all passed away within months of each other. Thanks for remembering a grand lady - her memory will never be forgotten.

Apr 11, 2001
Dolly McTeague is alive and well in Manhattan. She is a former Ziegfeld Follies gal and FULL of fun! She was the third Morro Castle survivor at the Ellis Island presentation with Lou Pope described in the link above. Sorry there is no photo. For lots more on the Morro Castle, there is only one man to visit, Bob McDonnell- here's the place to go.
http://home.att.net/~morro34/

Apr 11, 2001
I found a few more photos of Louise today- this one is my favorite. It was taken at Ellis Island, the gentleman behind her is Ron Wynkoop, a New Jersey writer and historian who became a great friend of Lou and her family.
56971.jpg

Apr 11, 2001
Here she is presenting a plaque in memory of all Titanic's victims who never lived to see Ellis Island- she was very proud to do this-it was a glorious day, below she is dedicating a memorial wreath with the flags of all the ports where Titanic called.
56974.jpg

Oct 11, 2004
Hi!! I'm Laura from Spanish.
Excuse me my english because it doesn't very well.
I write here because last Saturday I meet the daughter of Louis Kink Pope and she wrote me this:

polse.com/postals/catala/pix/upload/5762976877.jpg

I have a lot of photos with she and with other persons who was inside the sea to see the titanic.
I'm doing a work about the titanic and I am interested in having a lot of information about it. If anyone could help me and give me something about the family Kink, please write me something in this adress: l_a_u_r_a_33@hotmail.com

Thanks people!! Please write me!! See you soon

Laura.