Renderings of First Class Dining Saloon With Diners

May 1, 2004
Pacifique du Nord
Of course I've seen the one genuine photograph of the FC Dining Saloon from 11*4*12. And I've seen the WSL's Olympic/Titanic brochures in vivid colour.

But does anybody know if any there are any renderings extant of the saloon with actual passengers present and dining?

James Smith

Dec 5, 2001
Father Francis Browne, a Catholic priest, snapped a photograph of the room at lunch on 10 April (?). It can be seen in several books; the only source that comes to mind at present is on the CD-ROM "James Cameron's Titanic Explorer."

Jim

May 1, 2004
Pacifique du Nord
The source in Titanic: "An Illustrated History" is purportedly snapped on 11 April.

In any case, anymore leads on the FC Dining Saloon? I understand Brian Peterson is quite the aspiring 'renderer'; one wonders if he's taking the Sabbath seriously!!!!

Dec 7, 2000
Jonathan,

This one is from a White Star Line brochure. Ken Marschall used this same pic in the large cutaway book. It shows Olympic's passengers in the mid-1920's in the 1st class Dining Saloon.

86529.jpg

Regards,

Daniel.

B

Brian R Peterson

Hi Jonathan,

Thanks for the compliment, and to answer your question I have made a color version of the Olympic / Titanic First Class Dining Saloon, however I have not undertaken the challenge of adding diners as of yet, however I do have a rendering of the Britannic's Restaurant Reception Room in use, it also appears in the Artwork section on hospitalshipbritannic.com
smile.gif

Best Regards,

Brian