Replica Titanic Clock

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mike Bull

Dec 23, 2000
Has anyone out there bought one of the replica Grand Staircase clocks from 'Facemakers'? They are half scale, 'wood effect' plastic mouldings of the central, main rectangular section of the clock carving.

I was just wondering what everyone thought of them?

For anyone who's not seen them-

www.facemakersinc.com/titanicclock.html

Diane Ostrow

May 19, 2001
Hi Mike~
I have one and though it is nice, it is not what I expected from the photo at all. First, they are heavier than I thought they would be. They advertise them being quite light but they really aren't which can prove a problem in mounting. Second, although nice, the carving is a little on the rough side and the back is not that well finished. If you can get it on Ebay for the lower price it may be considered, but I would never pay their website price for it!
Ahoy,
Diane

Kyrila Scully

Apr 15, 2001
South Florida
The prices listed are outrageous. I've seen these same items on sale at exhibits for a fraction of the cost. For instance, I think I paid less than $15 for a second class plate, and their prices are like $200 for a similar item. You used to be able to buy from Emerch, but it's too difficult to maneuver through their website now. I think they're more interested in selling bulk to exhibits than to individuals. Even the prices on Ebay are cheaper than this link. But even Ebay is more expensive than I've purchased these items for.

Kyrila

Tripp Carter

Dec 13, 1998
I had no idea. I only remembered that link I posted because I have been to that site several times previously. Thanks for mentioning where you can find replicas cheaper though, Kyrila, I'll have to keep an eye out on any traveling exhibits coming to SC.

Cory Fratus

Nov 26, 1998
I just scored one of these clocks on eBay. Its a nice addition to my collection. Not a lot of them out there, I assume, since I cant find anything about them online.....

Status
Not open for further replies.