Reported survivor in DeRidder LA USA HELP

G

Gregory R. Norris

I have many personal testimonies of a survivor who lived here from the mid 20's until her death in Sept. 1981. She was Sultana J. Hatch (maiden name as signed on her marrige liscense in 1917). She was born in Schwier, Lebanon on Sept. 15,1900. All of her family was from there. I am doing exensive research to prove her passage aboard Titanic. No trace of her name on any manifest's. No trace on ellisisland.org. I am told by two persons now that she was aquainted with the Baclini's in New York. Was told she was coming to join her parents and siblings. Was also told she was in newspapers in New York concerning her survivor status. She is survived by one son here. He doesn't remember much. He's eighty and recovering from cancer. A close friend of hers started to talk, but wanted to get the surviving son's permission first. Still waiting to hear from her. She is the only one so far who knows anything. Mrs. Hatch didn't talk much about it. No one else knows any details here. I Need all the info I can get on the Baclini's to link them to Mrs. Hatch. Looking to see if she did her c-forms, hadn't found them yet. Have them on her father and a brother. If any one knows who I am talking about, perhaps under a different name, please help.

Jul 9, 2000
Easley South Carolina
Gergory, I hate to be the one to bring the bad tidings to you, but if this person's name does not appear on any of the records or the passenger's list, then she wasn't there.

Don't feel too put out by this. Bogus Titanic crew and passengers (And even bogus Carpathia crew these days!) are as thick as fleas.

Cordially,
Michael H. Standart

G

Gregory R. Norris

I am aware of this. NEEDS to be proved false if false. There will be some record of her somewhere as traveling by someother means if false. I am looking here in Louisiana. Can someone who either knew the Baclini's or has extensive info on them contact me.

Mar 10, 1998
Gregory--
ALL of the children who survived Titanic have been accounted for (those who were under 15 years of age). Their full names, married names, and dates of birth and death are proven. If the individual you reference was born in 1900 or thereabouts, she is not one of the survivors. I've had quite a bit of contact with the Baclini descendants and they have made no mention of any such person as Sultana Hatch.

Sorry--but it looks like Sultana is another of the many, many Titanic imposters.

Regards,
Phil Gowan

G

Gregory R. Norris

Thanks Phil. I need all the info you and anyone else has on the Baclini's if possible. I need things like her passage from Lebanon to France, where she stayed while ill in Cherbourge, genealogy prior to passage to the US, etc. This "survivor's" son remembers the Baclini name, but nothing about them. A close friend positively aquainted her with them in New York as well. This close friend is also Lebaneese and knew them as well. She is waiting to get permission from Mrs. Hatch's son to speak of it.
Greg