Revell 1:570

M

Mark Murray

Hey all, Titanic enthusiast here.

I bought a 1/570 and 1/1200 Revell Titanic Models.

After finishing them, I'm wanting one to be able to float, and one to simulate "sinking" the way the original did.

I've been told that the boats need ballast, i.e some coins or stones within the hull to make them not instantly capsize in the water. But on the "Sink" titanic model, wouldn't the flooding make the rocks float about, and if the hull is stuck down with glue, how will I get inside to re-organize them?

I'll wait for a reply confirming what to do before I get started, just so I don't muck it up. For the sinking, would I just Stanley-Knife a gash below the starboard waterline and if so, would 1-2cm gash do it?

Cheers in advance for all help folks!
Mark

A

Andrew R.

Upload 2019 3 12 0 47 3

1:570 Scale Decals

I found this on the Rivet Counter site regarding Bruce Beveridge's decal set for the Revell 1/570 kit:
..."Bruce has fabricated a complete set of decals for the 1:570 Titanic model that include the missing bow anchor well, grate and catwalks. In addition the kit includes door, windows, lifeboat grab ropes, lifeboat gunwales, funnel grating, and correct fore and aft Grand Staircase skylight covers to name a few. From what we have heard from customers, they were -VERY- satisfied with these decals, and went a long way to making the 1:570 look more accurate than the `out-of-the-box' version."
does anyone know if the decal set is still available? it would make my current project more accurate. thanks in advance for any help or advice.

Last edited:
A

Andrew R.

I am new to your site and would really appreciate anyone with advice on upgrading a 1/570 Revell Titanic. In particular, I need to locate window decals or the means by which to make them. I am stalled on this project and have a set of Tom's PE for the kit. I have recently gottten back into model building and am interested in super-detailing this kit and setting in a lighted diorama for my brother's upcoming birthday. Thanks for your help.

Jack Raby

Jack Raby

I'm afraid they aren't available anymore. As far as I know Mr Bruce Beveridge is now a consultant for the Chinese Romandisea Titanic project.

A

Andrew R.

Thanks for your response. I was hoping I didn’t have to make my own decals.

Rennette Marston

Rennette Marston

Rennette Marston
Nice model. But I think this tops them all:

Leon Charlebois

Leon Charlebois

I didn't think i was competing. the forum was on 1/570 scale?

Rennette Marston

Rennette Marston

Rennette Marston
This was not competing, at all. Just showing you my tastes.

Leon Charlebois

Leon Charlebois

Ok. I believe it is a majestic model, however nothing to do with the post. the title was 1/570 not show us the biggest model out there with the greatest detail.

neal12334

neal12334

View attachment 44070
1:570 Scale Decals

I found this on the Rivet Counter site regarding Bruce Beveridge's decal set for the Revell 1/570 kit:
..."Bruce has fabricated a complete set of decals for the 1:570 Titanic model that include the missing bow anchor well, grate and catwalks. In addition the kit includes door, windows, lifeboat grab ropes, lifeboat gunwales, funnel grating, and correct fore and aft Grand Staircase skylight covers to name a few. From what we have heard from customers, they were -VERY- satisfied with these decals, and went a long way to making the 1:570 look more accurate than the `out-of-the-box' version."
does anyone know if the decal set is still available? it would make my current project more accurate. thanks in advance for any help or advice.
I'm afraid no dice on that, but if you go on the Wayback Machine, some of the other scale decals are available like the 350th scale: http://web.archive.org/web/20130216064416/http://titanic-model.com/decals/

Aurélien WOLFF

Aurélien WOLFF

Hello, today I got these 2 kit with abunch of heller musée kit and part for my airbrush, I decided to do the 1/570 scale with how the promenade deck was supposed to look like until it was covered using this drawing
Ot longitudinale 01

source: RMS-TITANIC.FR
The 1/200 scale kit will be the titanic as it would've been 100% achieved with its 3 blade propeller.
111490 10571 pristine

Aurélien WOLFF

Aurélien WOLFF

I made a separate thread ebcause I included the 1/200 scale kit too. I'll do the 1/570 scale one as a what if britannic (what would it look like when she was ordered), it'll have the hospital ship livery, not sure how I'll deal with the windows because the decal sheet for them appear to be unavailable and I need the name britannic too.

source: Hospital Ship

Aurélien WOLFF

Aurélien WOLFF

I decided to finish and salvage my other 2 titanic. Started removing the paint of the 1/570 scale model. The enamel paint resist more than the aquacolor to the décapfour (it's what I use to remove paint)
Dsc 6710

Dsc 6711