Revolutionary RoadDiCaprio and Winslet again

Tim Brandsoy

Feb 19, 2002
That should be interesting. This time they should have some REAL workable dialogue LOL! I thought before Titanic (and after) they were incredibly talented actors. Between them they have 8 Oscar nominations and no wins.

A little older and wiser, they should be great together.

Senan Molony

Jun 28, 1998
Dublin
The Sam Mendes film Revolutionary Road has an obvious homage to the cargo-hold scene in James Cameron's Titanic - even down to the passionate hand slapped against the car window!

This movie has been out quite a while, but I only saw it last night. Besides reuniting Leo DiCaprio and Kate Winslet as the lead protagonists for the first time since the 1997 Cameron blockbuster, it also features Kathy Bates, this time as an unsinkable real estate agent.

It's set in 1955, and Kate (playing Mrs April Wheeler) at one point is handed her steamship papers for an Atlantic crossing - prominently labelled CUNARD.

The star-crossed lovers of yesteryear have become an insecurity-plagued married couple here... and the ghastly ending is 'on the other foot' as it were.

Good performances all round. Worth watching.

Sep 15, 2010
Elizabethtown, PA
Wasn't it great? A lot of people said that there wasn't a lot going on in the plot line but to me it almost was a prime example of classic Russian theater (Chekhov's "The Three Sisters" wanted to go to Moscow! But never made it there!) and it was beautiful in the struggles that they had as actors! I happened to be one of those people who pointed out the funny Titanic references and my friends all turned to me and made a face! I enjoyed it, too! Excellent movie!
happy.gif

[Moderator' note: This message and the one above it, originally a separate thread, have been moved to this pre-existing (and now renamed) thread discussing the same movie. MAB]