Richard D Edwards

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jun 13, 2006
Hi everyone.

I thought I'd introduce myself as I've just recently joined the group.

I come from Harrow in North West London and we have a couple of Titanic connections which is surprising for a relatively small town by England standards. Two Second class passengers lived in Harrow at the time of the tragedy. Charlie Williams, the raquet champion of the world lived in Drury Road in Harrow and survived, being one of the men who volunteered to go back and look for survivors. The other passenger was August Mayer who lived in St Kilda's Road in central Harrow, but sadly he did not survive the disaster. Not only that but Joseph Bruce Ismay was educated at Harrow School.

I have just graduated from the University of Hertfordshire in Hatfield after studying Model Design for 3 years, so I am now a professional model maker. Woo hoo! I have posted pictures of my model of the proposed Oceanic III, the first model I scratch built, and the one that set me on the way to becoming a model maker.

I have been fascinated by Titanic since I was about 7 years old, I don't know where my interest came from, I just seem to have always known of her.

My interests in the ship lie in the evolution of her design and how she broke up and landed on the sea bed. That said I am fascinated with practically every aspect of her story and can often be found slack jawed with wonder when I find out new info about her.

Well, here's to many more years of anoraking with the best of them!

Love Rich x

J

João Carlos Pereira Martins

Welcome to the site, Richard!

There's so many things to discuss about, isn't it?

Regards, João

Status
Not open for further replies.