Richmond Virginia connection

M

Melissa Dedie

I am currently doing research for my internship concerning any Richmond, Virginia connection. I have some information on Robert W. Daniel and Jacques Heath Futrelle. Apparently Futrelle managed a repertory theater in Richmond, but the name of the theater isn't mentioned. I couldn't find it anywhere, so any help would be greatly appreciated.

The other part of the project is to see if any survivors moved to Richmond and/or if there are relatives still in the Richmond area. If there are existing threads for this topic, I apologize. Let me know the thread title and I will be on my way.

Thanks.

Dec 12, 1999
Melissa,

What do you know about Robert Daniel? I understand that he died of cirrhosis of the liver, which obviously indicates a drinking problem. He had several marriages. What do you think was going on with him?

M

Melissa Dedie

Jan,

At this point, the only info I have is from the Encyclopedia Titanica site. As for the drinking and marriages, I imagine he never got over that night. Trauma sticks with a person for years, so maybe he was looking for comfort in each of the women he married as well as the bottle.

Mike Herbold

Dec 13, 1999
Melissa:
While you are on the message board itself, click the search window in the upper right corner, type in Futrelle, and then roll down and hit 'perform search.' That will pop up all the past threads having to do with him. Then do the same thing for Daniels.
If you're not aware of it already, there is a Jacques Futrelle website:
http://www.futrelle.com/
There is also a link there for a Futrelle discusiion board.
If you ever go on eBay, you will also see his books offered for auction from time to time.

M

Melissa Dedie

Dennis,

The Caldwells did settle in Richmond. Thank you for pointing that out. They never came up in any of my earlier searches, so your info was a great help.