RMS Aquitania Starboard Profile Drawing

Walter Cuoghi

Mar 4, 2009
Thanks...
I drawn it starting from a cut-off found on internet...i heavily reworked it. The result is quite good for me...good for an A4 print to put in a bedroom poster...maybe not too good, but I fear it's the only such drawing present in the net at the moment

Jan 29, 2001
Walter: Could you give us a Lusitania rendering
as she appeared on 7 May 1915, in particular the dis-coloring of her funnels...as seen in Ken Marschall's famous NY harbor painting. A nice starboard profile would be appreciated...kind'a what W. Schweiger may have seen thru his U-boat's periscope.

Michael Cundiff
NV, USA

Walter Cuoghi

Mar 4, 2009
Hi Michael!
There is already one on the Lusitania's page...I have also made some small modifications to it..but to post my work i need the author's permission...

Jan 29, 2001
Walter & all - Actually a drawing I was hoping for would be similar to the identification and signal silhouettes, British Liners. Pictured in
Jane's Fighting Ship's 1914 are silhouettes of of OLYMPIC(Y) , LUSITANIA (W) MAURETANIA (X).
An image of that type, with 7 May '15 colors added, no need to depict the Old Head of Kinsale...
The differating top-decking ventilation pipes of LUCY & MAURY are even seen in the silouettes.

Michael Cundiff
NV, USA

Walter Cuoghi

Mar 4, 2009
@Michael Cundiff

i have a lot of such drawings of maury and lucy, 1907 version trial version hospital ship version 1915 version etc. modified from the base drawing of the lusitania posted on the lucy's page. I'm waiting for the permission of the original author of the drawing to post it!