RMS Lusitania Passenger List

M

Margaret Collister

Hello,

Harriet Plank's maiden name was Slinger. She died 31st July 1915 aged 61, her husband's name was David Plank, he died 22nd November 1943 aged 90.

Margaret

H

Hildo Thiel

Hello Margaret,

Thanks for the information and the correction on Mrs. Plank's age.

Regards,

Hildo

H

Hildo Thiel

Hello

I found the last information about 81. Mrs. A.R. Taylor (Annie S. Johnson)on the Ellis Island Site, she was 41 and her full name was Annie Sarah, she traveled with her 14 year old son, who survived.

I found a age for Mrs. Constance Stroud, 31.

And a possible maiden name for Mrs. Christina Stewart. Knox, based on the fact that the second name of her infant son John was Knox.

Regards,

Hildo

M

Mauricio Andino-Lord

Dear Friends: I am seeking Morton brother's history. May be they rescued a 3 yrs girl Ellen. She was adopted by Dora Morton, a young lady married with salvadorean Arturo Araujo. This man was President of El Salvador by 1931. Ellen (Hellen)dissapeared after a coup d' etat that year.Her salvadorean family is seeking her or relatives.
Mauricio Andino-Lord([email protected])

J

Joan Mitchner Foster

Hello, I'm a relative of Percy Hefford, Second Officer on the Lusitania. Photo on my web page of the Nevanas family if you would like to see that. http://members.shaw.ca/joanf/Nevanas.html He had recently married Elsie Nevanas, a sister of my grandmother's.

Any other info about him would be appreciated. Thank you.

G

Gail Gaston

Hello, This is my first post. I appreciate the hard work everyone involved is putting forth to keep up a spectacular message board.
My Mother's Aunt, along with her husband and 2 children perished on the Lusitania. We believe her name to be Florence, but cannot confirm her married name. After reviewing the Passenger List from the book "The Lusitainia Story" we believe her name to be Florence Burley, along with her husband Rueben and children Doris and Reginald. She was identified by a ring she was wearing by a family member by the name of "LEE". My question to anyone would be: Is it possible review a "victims identification Log"? If Florence Burley was identified by a ring or by the Lee family, this would prove our Aunt to be the Florence Burley and her family named on your passenger list. Any information anyone might have would be very helpful for closure for our family members. Thank you in advance for your time, Gail Gaston, Uxbridge, ON

J

Jim Kalafus

Hello, Gail: Cunard issued a Confidential Report some time after the disaster which DOES have a body ID log in it. Unidentified bodies are described, and in the cases of the identified bodies it tells where the victim was buried, (often) by whom it was identified, and where the recovered effects were forwarded. I have a copy of the report but will not have access to it for a few weeks, but if in the interem one of the other board members who has access to the report does not post the information I will at some point in March.

P

Peter Kelly

Hi Gail,

Florence Burley was born Florence Bull, circa 1877, In Ashton-under-Lyne, Lancashire, the daughter, and second eldest child of John Henry and Elizabeth Bull. Her father was a fruit and seed merchant, and the family resided at 182. Albemarle St., Ashton-under-Lyne, in 1881. The other children were Harry Farrer, Frederick Miller, and Percy. (1881 British Census).

Florence married Reuben Burley, who was born in Sheffield, England, circa 1876.

Reuben worked for the Great Central Railway in Ashton-under-Lyne until 1904, when he emigrated to Hamilton, Ontario, Canada, with his wife, where he found work as a machinist. The couple had two children, Doris F(lorence), born in 1906, and Reginald, born in 1914 or 1915.

In 1914, Florence's father died, and his widow, Elizabeth Bull, went to Hamilton to visit her daughter and grandchildren. She decided to return in the Spring of 1915, and Reuben and Florence decided to take their family over to England for a holiday, and accompany Elizabeth on the journey. They booked second cabin passage on the Lusitania.

All 5 lost their lives in the sinking.

The only body recovered and identified was that of Elizabeth Bull. She was body #78, and she was buried on 10th May in Common Grave C, second row, lower tier, in the Old Cemetery, Queenstown, where she still lies. her property, which I presume assisted identification, consisted of a gold necklace, five gold rings, a gold brooch, a pair of spectacles, a bunch of keys, a cheque drawn on the Bank of Hamilton for £51-17s-1d, 21 British 10 schilling notes, 10 schillings in gold coinage, 13 schillings in silver coinage, three silver American coins, and some British copper coins, was forwarded to her son, F(rederick) M(iller) Bull, 28. Camp Street, Ashton-under-Lyne, on 4th June 1915. her daughter, Mrs. Meadows, residing at Summercoats, Derbyshire, England, set out for Queenstown after the sinking to try and identify her mother and the Burleys, and take any of those she found home for burial. However, she arrived too late for her mothers funeral, and was unable to locate any of the other bodies.

I hope this information assists you.

Regards,

Peter

G

Gail Gaston

Thank you so much for the information sent by Jim and Peter, your time is greatly appreciated. However, in your great effort, we have ruled out the above Florence Burley as our Aunt. The problem we are having in finding our Aunt is that we have no living brothers or sisters of Florence left with us, and my grandmother and great aunt were very young when being told the story of their Aunt Florence going down with the Lusitania. My grandmother and Aunt weren't born until the 30's. What my great Aunt knows is this: Only that my great grandmother Edna Lee had 4 brothers and sisters. Harry, Edith, Violet, and Florence last name LEE. We are not 100% sure of the Florence name but are quite sure. As it is rumored that Violet had a daughter and named her after an aunt who perished on the Lusitania and that daughter they named Florence. She was a passenger along with her husband and 2 small children, Doris and Reginald. (Although my grandmother says it was 2 girls!) The reason we wondered about Florence Burley originally, was through process of elimination through the passenger list in the book "The Lusitania Story". The story proceeds to go on by saying that she was identified by a LEE family member and by a ring. I do not know if the bodies of her husband or 2 children were identified. I suppose finding her married name somehow would be the only way of further investigation. Any suggestions on how to find out more on our Family Tree?
Any information would be really helpful. Thanks again to Jim and Peter for your knowledge and time. Gail

G

Gail Gaston

Hello,
I have just spent a few hours reading some of the posts in other sections and am afraid I am posting messages incorrectly (as my post is coming up as a new "thread" on the main board) Realizing that looking for someone is not as profound as others listed, I would imagine this is not the way my question should be posted. I am very new at computers and the whole message board avenue, but I noticed alot of people have questions about women of the Lusitania and perhaps if I can figure out who my aunt is, This will be one less query for you aswell.
With respect, will someone please let me know if I am not using correct technique or am possibly posting my query in the wrong manner?
Thank you Gail.

P

Peter Kelly

Hi gail,

Sorry that the information I posted was not of benefit to you.

Looking through the Cunard Confidentiality Report, the only reference I can find to any person with the name of LEE having anything to do with an identified body is in regard to Mrs. Clara Groves, body #166. Her property was forwarded to her father William H. Lee, 11. Langford Ave., Toronto. She was travelling with her husband, Sidney Groves, and her son, Frederick W., who was aged 18 months. All were lost, but only Clara's body recovered and identified. I do not have any list of her property.

There were a number of female passengers by the name of "Florence" on board the last voyage of the Lusitania, so maybe it is one of those.

If you want to contact me privately with family details that you do have, I can check around to see if I can narrow down the search a bit.

Regards,

Peter

L

Lesley Bain

Hello
I really hope someone can help me
Its always been a story in my family that my great grandfather went down with the Lusitania.
I have searched the passenger lists and his name John Arthur Terry is not there
Is it possible he could've been a passenger as I understand the lists are not complete
Who would've registered his death as I could not find a death cert at the Family Records Centre
regards
Lesley

D

Dee Haworth

Hi I am trying to find details of Miss Margaret McClure who was lost on the Lusitania. She is the cousin of either my grandmother (or Gt Grandmother). I wish to know her age when she sailed. Does anyone have access to this or any additional information. Also how can I find out when she first sailed to America from leaving Scotland. Any pointers would be appreciated.. regards Dee

Z

Zachary Schwarz

I've been doing some research and I was wondering if anyone was familiar with the maiden names of these passengers.

For Margaret Brownlie I have either Wilson or McKeen.

For Laura Martin I have Trueman, Cooksley, or Bird.

Any help would be appreciated.