RMS Olympic Titanic's Sister

Cam Houseman

Jul 14, 2020
Maryland, USA
Thanks for your very kind comments, Cam.

I'm really pleased you enjoyed the book and even more pleased you'd like to get the Oceanic one as well!

Twenty-four years is a relatively short period in the scheme of things but it was a remarkable time of change, starting just before the First World War and then ending a few years before the Second. It's particularly nice to focus on the 1920s and 1930s because they are a period many Titanic buffs will not have focused on.

Best wishes

Mark
I agree. Olympic is often overlooked in the general community, I myself have only realized how useful she is to reference for Titanic (and its good to be aware of changes and differences while using Olympic for references!)

Finding the MANY interior photos is fun and interesting, a bit like a scavenger hunt ;)
I hope someday we find an image of her corridors

Reactions: 1 user
Jan 5, 2001
Hello Mark,

Just wanted to thank you for all of your time and hard work put into researching The Oceanic.

I enjoyed your book very much. Her history is covered in lots of detail, there's plenty of technical information and it was great to see the photos during construction and those of her exquisite interiors.
The advertisements and coloured postcards of her were a real treat too.
Now I have to read your other books.

Thanks Kate, I appreciate your kind comments on Oceanic. She was an overlooked ship and presented a nice challenge, so it was great to be able to cover her history in some of the detail it deserves.

I hope you enjoy my other work!

Reactions: 1 users