RMS Titanic II The Movie

Jason D. Tiller

Dec 3, 2000
Niagara Falls, Ontario
quote:

Have you all seen it?
Yes and I was not impressed. Although, I did enjoy seeing the images of Britannic, which brought her back to life.

quote:

Wasn't there some plot of a bomb on board the ship
Yep and when the person that set the bomb in the first place attempted to defuse it, Britannic struck the mine.

[Moderator's Note: This post, and the ten above it, originally posted in a separate thread in this topic, have been moved to the pre-existing one discussing the same subject. JDT]​

Dec 2, 2000
Easley South Carolina
>>Wasn't there some plot of a bomb on board the ship or something stupid like that?<<

To say nothing of the U-Boat chasing the Britannic all the way to the Med while submerged while the heroine of the story gets engaged in a running firefight with a suspected saboutour on the ship in the middle of the voyage.

To call the whole flick "stupid" gives it way more credit then it deserves.

Don't get me wrong, I'm willing to suspend disbelief for the sake of indulging dramatic license, but it would help if the producers at least try to be credible when claiming that the work is based on historical events. I draw the line when historical degenerates into hysterical.

Adam Went

Apr 28, 2003
Read it and weep:
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0190281/

Most shocking of all is that it has a 5/10 rating on there, and one reviewer gave it 5 stars and likened it to the adventures of Indiana Jones...WHAT!? How could that possibly happen!? Did they re-make it while we weren't looking or something?

Totally agree with you, Adam, the movie sucks, but don´t worry about the review. The reviewers can also make some "mistakes" by overrating crappy movies, but in the end it depends on personal tastes and popular impact, the same happens with albums.
I remember when "What´s the story morning?" was panned by critics at the time, despite being the record of the year.

Adam Went

Apr 28, 2003
Hey Augusto,

Maybe somebody associated with the movie gave that review, eh?

There's nothing better than seeing critics with egg on their face. Absolutely love it. I think you meant "What's the story, morning glory?" by Oasis, though. lol.