RMS Titanic INC

Status
Not open for further replies.
T

TRent

Hi
I was just wondering if anyone is outraged as me over this RMST thing as i am. I beleive that everyone should wright a letter to RMST or more than one and spread the word my mail email or how everelse you can we need to stop these greddy people maybe right to the court system in norfolk.
If you have any more info on whats going on or just to chat my email is [email protected] thank you
-trent

T

TRent

Hey i was just think could the president stop anything like this caus ei we got a petition or sent tons of letters toi him could he have any saw ...this is a historical thing they sould do what they did for the empress of ireland ...they safe gaurded it..

Jul 9, 2000
Easley South Carolina
TRent, the most that the President could do would be to pound on the bully pulpit on this. He has no legal jurisdiction in this matter. Even if he did, the Titanic's grave is in international waters. Anybody with funding and submersibles could dive on the wreck anytime they wanted to, and there is little which could be done to stop them.
Cordially,
Michael H. Standart

Y

yurisingleton

At this point I'm afraid it would require lots of money, time and most likely lengthy litigation on the part of anyone serious about stopping RMS Titanic from bothering the wreck. The only feasible way this could happen is if the US
congress, navy, or other large, well funded,
entity were to petition a federal judge for a court injunction against RMS Titanic. Of course there would have to be reasonable grounds on which to base the complaint and unfourtunately morality or ethical bases complaints just won't float the boat in today's courts. (pardon the pun).
Now if someone could finance an expedition to the wreck and discover some endangered life form that can only exist on the wreck so long as it is left alone by man, then that might hold up in court.
Sort of like declaring the wreck a preserve or something.
Michael is also right about the fact that the US President is legally powerless to get involved.
However, the United Nations or even Great Britan
might have some legal authority over the wreck.
I live in the USA and I have no idea if British courts have ever considered the matter.
This sort of exploitation was bound to happen.
In today's climate of voyourism on TV and shocking , in-your-face type entertainment, especially in the US, nothing is sacred anymore and nothing is off limits to exploitation for dollars.
Not even the wreck of the Titanic.
Yuri

T

Tracey McIntire

Hi everyone!
I just wanted to fill you all in on the latest RMS Titanic Inc. news. The federal government is trying to step in and institute some salvage guidelines. These are being written by the National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration (NOAA). I believe they will challenge RMSTI in federal court. There is also a treaty in the works with Britain, France, and Canada to protect the wreck. I believe RMSTI is in for a fight. Let's hope the government wins!
Sincerely,
Tracey McIntire

Status
Not open for further replies.