RMS Titanic Olympic Orig 1911 Photographs on eBay

Joshua Gulch

Mar 31, 2001
Interesting that the photograph accompanying the piece labled as being part of the aft grand staircase shows the foreward grand staircase.

Josh.

George Behe

Dec 11, 1999
What a shame that Steve Santini was forced to close his Titanic museum and sell off his collection of original artifacts. (Unless I'm mistaken, that's where the ebay seller obtained the staircase fragment.)

All my best,

George

Jul 10, 2005
Oh No!!
I had no idea that Steve had to sell!!! When did this come about George??? Lord, I pray I had the money, I would have invested in Mr. Santini to keep his museum going. Or find him some backers at the very least.

How sad, as with Teri, I am curious to know what happened.

Beverly

George Behe

Dec 11, 1999
Hi, Teri and Beverly!

I don't know any of the details, but it's my understanding that Steve simply couldn't make a go of it on the small amount of money that the museum brought in. (I believe it's been less than a year since Steve was forced to close his doors.) It's very sad, because Steve was very devoted to the Titanic and had uncovered a lot of new material and artifacts that are still not widely known to the rest of us buffs.

In case Steve still drops by here occasionally, I'd like to offer him my sincere good wishes along with my regrets re: the closing of his museum.

All my best,

George

Apr 7, 2001
Hello George ~ Thanks for the info on Steve. Nobody should have to close their Titanic museum. I too, offer my good wishes to him if he should drop by here for a quick visit...

Teri

P.S. Almost forgot, thanks for the links Beverly!

Jul 10, 2005
All My Best to Steve also, I just wish that there was something that we could have done.

Teri,
Thank you for the L.A. Times Article....
happy.gif

Sorry I haven't thanked you sooner, this has been a crazy last couple of weeks.

Beverly

Steve Santini

Nov 29, 2000
Hello All,
Please allow me to thank all of you for your heartfelt emotions regarding the closing of the Manitoba Museum of the Titanic which I curated. I would like to take the time to clear up the misconception that all of the museum's artifacts were "sold off". This is, fortunately, not the case at all. While it is true that some smaller items like the section of staircase wood on ebay were sold to help us pay off debts, the bulk of the collection was NOT sold. In fact, many of our artifacts are currently on display at "Ship of Dreams" in Orlando , Florida. And, some more good news... we continue to acquire rare and seldom seen Titanic artifacts and recently acquired some real gems. In the months to follow I will be offering some of them for public display via the ET on line artifact exhibition. While it did break my heart to close the museum, I am by no means "done" as far as researching and acquiring rare bits of Titanica is concerned. The best is yet to come! Once again, thanks to all of my ET Titanic friends who offered kind words of support and caring. All my warmest regards, Steve Santini Curator/ Titanic Concepts Inc.

George Behe

Dec 11, 1999
Hi, Steve!

That's *great* news! I'm glad to hear that the contents of your museum have not been scattered to the four winds and that you're continuing to research the Titanic just as you have in years past. I'm looking forward to seeing some of your new findings here on the ET website. (I hope we'll see you regularly here on the bulletin board, too -- your expertise would be a welcome addition to the mix.)

All my best,

George

Apr 7, 2001
Steve,

Wow, that was quick. We were just discussing the plight of your museum and poof! Here you are! Nice to meet you. I am sorry about your unfortunate closure of the Manitoba Museum, but am glad to see that you're still active with Titanic endeavors. I like to see that spirit kept alive!

So some of your artifacts are on exhibit at the "Ship of Dreams" exhibit in Orlando. I'll have to see about making a trip out there someday. Maybe Stacie could go with me, or maybe even George could go with me! Hah! Wouldn't that make headlines??? Oh it's just a joke. I haven't even known George that long. Fun to tease though. He has the sense of humor for it. Oh, but so does Geoff. Yes, I forgot about Geoff. Alright Geoff, maybe you'll go with me! Well, I can see that your laughing in front of your computer screen so I guess I'll pack my bags and just go by myself. I'm kidding, but I really think a trip to Florida sounds rather good.

Is there a particular date that I could expect to see your online artifact exhibit here on ET? I look forward very much to seeing it, and to seeing you post a bit more here on ET too. As George says, your expertise would be a welcome addition to the mix, and I couldn't agree more.

Take Care,
Hope to see you soon. (on ET)

Sincerely,

Teri

Dec 2, 2000
Easley South Carolina
Hi Steve, I have to say that this is a relief to hear that your collection is largely intact and stands to remain that way. I'll be looking forward to the fruits of any new research you accomplish.

Cordially,
Michael H. Standart

George Behe

Dec 11, 1999
Hi, Teri!

I'm afraid (ouch!) that I won't be able to (ouch!) go to Florida with you. You see, my wife (ouch!) has other plans for me. In fact, she's (ouch!) standing behind me with a rolling pin in her hand (ouch!) even as I write this. :)

By the way, Teri, an envelope is in the mail to you even as we speak. And no, it's not a pair of airline tickets to Florida. (Ouch!) :)

All my best,

George

Apr 7, 2001
Evenin Mr. George Behe!

What a great laugh I had when I came home and read your post!

Just got home and your envelope was in my mailbox. But George ~ ~ There were no tickets inside! Ah, my heart is broken. But I understand about the wife situation. That can be a bit of a problem, I must say. We'll have to figure out some sort of game plan here. If we bring her along, you'll have to do something about those pins....

You know that silly bookstore I ordered your book from still hasn't got my shipment! I'm not in favor of slow shipments.

Forever Yours,

Teri

Jul 10, 2005
My Blessings to you Steve,

I am so happy to hear all the good news and I will look with anticipation for your online exhibition. So good to hear from you.

Beverly

Steve Santini

Nov 29, 2000
Dear Friends,
I have just send Mr.Hind images of 3 rare Titanic artifacts in our collection for posting in the ET "online exhibition". We have many more rare Titanic artifacts and will be glad to post them in the future if Phil gives us the "go ahead". Thank you all for the interest and concern you have shown in past postings. Kind regards, Steve Santini Curator/ Titanic Concepts Inc.

Apr 7, 2001
Steve,

I finally saw your artifact here on ET's Home Page! Very impressive. I'd like to add that beautiful black plate to my own collection. Thank you very much for sharing a part of your special home collection. Now maybe I can get you to auction the items you're interested in auctioning here on ET before you post them on eBay???

Thanks again for sharing your collection. I enjoyed it.

Sincerely,

Teri