Room Decor On Decks

Nov 9, 2002
Hey All,
Im working on a Cut Away picture of Titanic and its pretty detailed. As I understand the A deck rooms were plain rooms with white paneling and the lower ones were more ornate. Can any of you guys narrow anything down for me?
Thanks
Sahand

B

Brian R Peterson

Hi Sahand,

There are a number of good references for your question, Eaton & Haas "Titanic: Triumph & Tragedy" has some excellent illustrations for example. But for the most part you are correct, the A Deck suites were plain white panelled cabins with a white painted metal bed frame, a dressing table with mirror & sink and perhaps some storage area, the famous Father Brown portrait of his A Deck cabin is a good example, although blurry and the plate is cracked. B, C & D Decks held the larger, more ornate First Class cabins and suites many with drawing rooms and private baths and were decorated in a wide variety of styles from Louis XIV to Georgian. Consult Daniel Klistorner, he's our interior expert
smile.gif

Best Regards,

Brian

Dec 7, 2000
Hey Guys,
happy.gif

All the forward cabins were plain white paneling. For a good fore A deck picture, you can consult the Eaton and Haas book, I think they call it A21. That's what most A deck cabins had. The two aft ones (A36/37) had the wooden bed which was found in most other cabins on B, C, D and E decks forward. The only ornate rooms were on B and C deck between the fore and aft grand staircases.

Daniel.

Sep 1, 2004
I heard, the Titanic cabin were designed in Louis XIV. and XVI style, regency, Queen Anne, Queen Mary, Empir (style of Napoleon`s era in France) Adams, Dutch, Dutch renaissance. I can send you also examples of cabins in these styles.