Rosa Abbott Found

Brian Meister

Mar 1, 2001
Finally, the long awaited answer to the
often posed question, "When died Rosa Abbott?",
is at last answered. After collaborating with
Phillip Gowan for many months,and following many
twists and turns, I recently found the records of her death and final resting place.
The story of the most tragic of the female sur-
vivors will be told soon.
Others discovered recently are Mrs Kelly from
2nd Class and the elusive Mildred Brown, as
well as William Weller and Scullion Simmonds.

Stay tuned!

Brian Meister

Inger Sheil

Dec 3, 2000
Congratulations to both of you on a remarkable find - that's one passenger story on which I'd like to see the final chapter written!

~ Inger

Dan Cherry

Mar 3, 2000
Brian,
Kudos to you and Phillip for your hard work. I am sure Titanic historians and enthusiasts around the globe will be happy to learn of your findings!

Regards,
Dan

Dec 12, 1999
I'll render a bet that Rosa Abbott suffered fairly severe post traumatic stress disorder. Hopefully, Phil and Brian can enlighten us on that. PTSD seems to have been somewhat more common among the collapsible survivors, than among others.

Phillip Gowan

Apr 10, 2001
Compliments all much appreciated by both Brian and myself--we are very excited. But Mr. Meister failed to mention a trio of other long-sought-after questions that can now be laid to rest: (1) "When died Amelia Geiger"--(2) "When died Annie Caton?" and (3)...praise be to God the Almighty... "When died Robert Hichens?" In fairly short order we'll do the long-promised article on Hichens in the Atlantic Daily Bulletin.

To Jan: Rosa seems to have led a very droll, ordinary life. In a later life photo of her and her second husband he is smiling and looks happy. Rosa managed just the hint of a grin but looks very haggard and old. There is only a hint of the woman pictured in the postcard she sent to Emily Goldsmith many years before. We also have tracked down her ex-husband, Stanton Abbott, who remarried but had no children and also seems to have led a very droll existence in later years. This is one couple who at some point probably wished they hadn't sought the American dream as it didn't turn out to be one for them.

Regards,
Phil

George Behe

Dec 11, 1999
Hi, Phil!

Congratulations! Looking forward to your and Brian's revelations.

Bismallah!

All my best,

George

Brian Meister

Mar 1, 2001
Phil,

You're right! I forgot those ladies, but we
also failed to mention Charlotte Collyer,
Seaman Lucas, and Berk Trembisky.

Wonder who's next???

Regards,

Brian

Dec 2, 2000
Easley South Carolina
Hi Phil, and thanks, but I wasn't really thinking of myself. I was thinking more along the lines of the 1300+ members who subscribe to ET as members well as who knows how many who check the pages for research. You and Brian have been doing some very important work solving a lot of mysteries and it would be nice to see the bios here updated with the new discoveries. Either way, I'm looking forward to it all. Especially the info on Hitchens. If what I've seen here is any indication, it's been a thorny issue for quite some time.

Cordially,
Michael H. Standart

May 8, 2001
Well, I can not even begin to think of the words to say anything that hasn't been said, except maybe, I am proud of you guys, and knew you could do it!!! Way to go!!!!!!!! :)
Colleen

Ben Holme

Feb 11, 2001
Congratulations Phil and Brian! Good job!

It seems only very recently that you managed to finally uncover Clear Cameron's "story" with the help of relatives. I'd be interested to know; how many as yet remain undiscovered? I would imagine that plently of maids/valets became pretty elusive post 1912.

Ben

Brian Meister

Mar 1, 2001
Dear Ben and All,

Thanks for the encouraging words concern-
ing the latest batch of finds.
As for the maid and valets, great progress
and successes have been made on this front as
well. Even as one passenger is found, another
is targeted for intense search.
Forgive our excitement over Rosa Abbott,
but we know she is great interest to all of
us, and I knew that you all would be just as
happy that she is found.
Take Care,

Brian

Phillip Gowan

Apr 10, 2001
Michael,
Sure--it will all eventually make its way onto ET--but the first venue of release for the Hichens stuff will be ADB. Although all the Hichens children are dead, one child's spouse is still living and I want to be sure I've gleaned all available details from that individual before submitting the article. Lots of great details have emerged in the form of snippets of conversation from the Hichens household in later years--we've even found a letter written by one of Hichens' parents to his wife just after finding out that he had survived Titanic. Some of these snippets and items, along with a short love note to his future wife after their first date give a new and different perspective on the man. It will make for a good story.

Phil