Rosa Abbott Found

Dec 2, 2000
Easley South Carolina
Geoff, that was the Chocolate flavoured Ex-Lax. Good thing the loo is close by! If you prefer, I could always send you the stuff they used on the Olympic and Titanic to...ahh...unstuff the passengers. It was called Black Thunder!
proud.gif

Cordially,
Michael H. Standart

Mike Herbold

Feb 13, 2001
Ben and Kyrila:
A few years ago, Brian Ticehurst made available every back issue of the Atlantic Daily Bulletin. I would imagine that offer still stands. Don't know if I should hand out his e-mail address here, but you can write to him at:
Brian Ticehurst
1 Mardon Close, Swaythling
Southampton S018 2HP
England

Ben Holme

Feb 11, 2001
Hi Mike,

Many thanks for that. I only joined BTS in July, but the two I've read so far I have thoroughly enjoyed.

Regards,
Ben

Dec 8, 2000
O frabjous day! Callooh! Callay! Or as we say in these parts: Brian and Phillip, you bloody ripper! (This is a compliment, I assure you.)

Rosa holds a unique place within the ranks of Titanic survivors and I look forward to learning more of her life when you are both able. (This may prove to be the proverbial straw that sees me join the BTS - stand by Mr Whitfield, stand by...)

Ditto on all the compliments above. Bravo gentlemen!

F

D

Dennis Foley

Not to be a "party pooper" but exactly when are we going to get the dope on Rosa Abbott and others as described above in message #1? Dennis

A

Addison Hart

Yes, Rosa Abbot was finally found! She was hiding in the closet the whole time! But you must excuse her, she's around 130 these days!

Actually, Philip and Michael (as so many others have pointed out) are to be congratulated for their excellent work! This is great stuff, you two guys! I'm greatly looking forward to the article on Rosa, Bob Hitchens, etc.

Addison Hart

Phillip Gowan

Apr 10, 2001
Thanks Addison,
I can assure you that both Brian and I are quite anxious to present our findings in a public forum--however Rosa is one of quite a few of the "long-missing" ones that we want to detail the lives of and it will be yet awhile before we have it all in the form to do so--but we are working diligently on the project. Sitting here just to the right of my computer I have a photo of Rosa and her second husband in an 8x10 frame and her very slight smile has a certain sadness that always stares back at me. If you get to Charleston anytime give me a call and come up to Florence for a visit--will show you my "Titanic Wall" in my office--with photos of Rosa Abbott and many other unseen Titanic passengers/survivors.

Good to hear from you--
Phil

A

Addison Hart

Thanks for your response (such a quick one as well), Phillip. I can't say I'll be back in good old Charleston anytime soon, but if I ever do get down there again in the near future I should love to come and visit. Charleston is my home town, as well. Love that city. I had a home right next to St. Philips, overlooking Sumter.

Addison