Rosa Abbott Found

O frabjous day! Callooh! Callay! Or as we say in these parts: Brian and Phillip, you bloody ripper! (This is a compliment, I assure you.)

Rosa holds a unique place within the ranks of Titanic survivors and I look forward to learning more of her life when you are both able. (This may prove to be the proverbial straw that sees me join the BTS - stand by Mr Whitfield, stand by...)

Ditto on all the compliments above. Bravo gentlemen!

F

Addison Hart

Former Member
Yes, Rosa Abbot was finally found! She was hiding in the closet the whole time! But you must excuse her, she's around 130 these days!

Actually, Philip and Michael (as so many others have pointed out) are to be congratulated for their excellent work! This is great stuff, you two guys! I'm greatly looking forward to the article on Rosa, Bob Hitchens, etc.

Addison Hart

Thanks Addison,
I can assure you that both Brian and I are quite anxious to present our findings in a public forum--however Rosa is one of quite a few of the "long-missing" ones that we want to detail the lives of and it will be yet awhile before we have it all in the form to do so--but we are working diligently on the project. Sitting here just to the right of my computer I have a photo of Rosa and her second husband in an 8x10 frame and her very slight smile has a certain sadness that always stares back at me. If you get to Charleston anytime give me a call and come up to Florence for a visit--will show you my "Titanic Wall" in my office--with photos of Rosa Abbott and many other unseen Titanic passengers/survivors.

Good to hear from you--
Phil

Addison Hart

Former Member
Thanks for your response (such a quick one as well), Phillip. I can't say I'll be back in good old Charleston anytime soon, but if I ever do get down there again in the near future I should love to come and visit. Charleston is my home town, as well. Love that city. I had a home right next to St. Philips, overlooking Sumter.

Addison

I'm trying to find out more on Rossmore Edward Abbott. Specifically, what school chums and teachers thought of him. Also weather he and Eugene made it to the lifeboat together with Rosa. And does anybody know the room number of their cabin and where it was on the ship exactly? Please and thank you!

I'm trying to find out more on Rossmore Edward Abbott. Specifically, what school chums and teachers thought of him. Also weather he and Eugene made it to the lifeboat together with Rosa. And does anybody know the room number of their cabin and where it was on the ship exactly? Please and thank you!
No her sons didn't make it to the lifeboat which was collapsible A. They all jumped into the water. Being in third class I don't think any records of her cabin number survived as many of those were assigned to them when they boarded the ship.

Reactions: 1 user
No her sons didn't make it to the lifeboat which was collapsible A. They all jumped into the water. Being in third class I don't think any records of her cabin number survived as many of those were assigned to them when they boarded the ship.
IIRC, weren't her Sons less than 10 years old each? From what I read, Eugene fell down and began to pray, not for him or his younger brother, but for his Mother.

IIRC, weren't her Sons less than 10 years old each? From what I read, Eugene fell down and began to pray, not for him or his younger brother, but for his Mother.
According to their bio's they were teenagers. 16 and 13. I don't know about the other part of your question but it seems reasonable to me. From what I've read they were a religious family. Cheers.

Reactions: 1 user
According to their bio's they were teenagers. 16 and 13. I don't know about the other part of your question but it seems reasonable to me. From what I've read they were a religious family. Cheers.
Figures, thanks Steven!

Seems a lot of Third Class was religious, but that would make sense, since a lot were from Religious countries, and the state of the world at the time.