Rotterdam At Home At Last

Dec 2, 2000
Easley South Carolina
>>Take notes Dubai.<<

I think they were trying to sell "notes" all of which now have the value of junk bonds. That's why they're in trouble.

I can't make out much of what's written on that website, but if "De officiele opening is op 15 februari 2010." is any indication, it looks like they have their act together. Those interiors look great!

Joe Russo

Apr 10, 2006
According to the translation on my laptop, it says:

"On 27 December 2009 we went and visited the ss Rotterdam in Rotterdam.
The ship looks fantastic. The official opening is on 15 February 2010."

Joe Russo

Apr 10, 2006
Rotterdam Opens its Doors to De Lijn Members
quote:

Sunday, January 31 by invitation of the foundation De Lijn and De Rotterdam bv, members of the foundation had their chance to visit the Rotterdam V. And we the members took this opportunity to visit the Grand Dame. A view thousand visitors came to see the city of Rotterdam’s “girl next door.”￾ The date was quite special – January 31 marks also the birthday of HM Queen Beatrix of the Netherlands (she became 72) and as Crown Princess she was on board during the maiden voyage.
Article and video at:
http://www.hollandamericablog.com/2010/02/05/rotterdam-opens-its-doors-to-de-lijn-members/

ArchGuy1

Jun 11, 2019
Garland, TX
Has the SS Rotterdam become a profitable and sustainable tourist attraction for Rotterdam, considering the conversion costs and maintenance that has to be done. I do understand that the ship has become a popular tourist attraction in Rotterdam since it opened in 2010. The SS Rotterdam from what I read shows how to properly preserve an old ocean liner as a hotel and museum ship.