Roy Anderson

Nov 12, 2000
It is my great pleasure to announce the return of a Titanic author from decades past. Roy Anderson wrote an excellent history of the White Star Line in 1964, called White Star. It remains to this day the definitive biography of the company (meaning no disrespect to Louden-Browns' The White Star Line, An Illustrated History, which is a tremendous photographic history of the line).

Roy has just resurfaced with a fun and fascinating website on the Anderson family, whom, it turns out, has quite the maritime heritage.

Check out the following link for more information about his Titanic book and the link to his website:

http://titanicbooksite.com/anderson_roy.html

all the best, Michael (TheManInBlack) T

Nov 12, 2000
Well, naturally, now that I have posted the link, Roy's site is not coming up, even though it worked perfectly fine just a half hour ago! Hopefully this is just a brief interruption.

Dec 8, 2000
Well now, isn't that a find. Thank you, Michael T.

(Perhaps the site's still in its 'testing' stages. The link seemed to work earlier, but at the time of this post, the site's offline again.)

Nov 12, 2000
I have checked on and off several times today, and the site has been up every time I looked. I think Thornsten was right and it was just Murphy's Law in action.

Dec 8, 2000
I've been able to read the site at last. Lovely to see Joseph Boxhall's signature from correspondence with Anderson (and the link to 'a review'). Now I want to track down a copy of Anderson's history of Northumbria. It sounds just my cup of tea.

Thanks again, Michael T.

Mark Baber

Dec 29, 2000
White Star is long out-of-print and can be kinda pricey. Try Amazon, eBay and bookfinder.com; there are often copies available there.