Roy Mengot

Status
Not open for further replies.
C

Christine Geyer

Hi everybody,

today I have "discovered" a site which I found very interesting. Maybe this link has been posted before or is known to everybody anyway but since I have not seen it before I thought I'd share it with you. It is on

http://www.flash.net/~rfm/

and helped me a lot to orientate myself on the wrecksite. I'm not soooo much an expert in the ships construction itself, so that I could tell exactly which stateroom is hidden behind each bulkhead by just one fingertip. By looking at some of the pictures on the site I could classify many positions of well-known pictures much better.

Besides there's even a "Titanic Heritage Tour" with lot of photos, especially I liked to see the pics of H & W, where you can see where the offices of Thomas Andrews and Lord Pirrie were.

Many regards
Christine

Adam Leet

May 18, 2001
Yeah, that's one of the most well-known sites pertaining to the wreck. Roy Mengot has extensive research on the wreck, as well as the sinking, and I almost always bow my hat to his knowledge.

Adam

C

Christine Geyer

How come I already had the feeling during writing, that I was the LAST one to "discover" that...
eh.gif

Nevertheless thanks very much Adam.

Many regards
Christine

A

Andrew Rogers

Christine
Good stuff isn't it!
A couple of years ago I sent a copy of my wreck footage to Roy so that it might help him with his research.
He's a nice guy and a smart cookie with a huge capacity to put ideas into words (and models).
I'm still not sure if I understand his break-up theory but I like it anyway!
Andrew

Mark Baber

Jul 4, 2000
Not only does Roy know what he's talking about, he can explain what he knows in terms that even a non-engineering type like myself can understand.

This weekend last year, I had the good fortune, as did quite a few of us here, to attend a presentation Roy gave at the South Street Seaport in Manhattan. The video tape he showed, and his explanation of WHAT it showed, was the most understandable presentation of its type that I've ever heard. I, too, never understood his break up theory until I heard his presentation last year, but once I heard him explain it and show on the tape what he was talking about, it became quite clear even to my non-technical mind.

He's also a very funny guy and a great drinking buddy.

MAB

Status
Not open for further replies.