Running Amok

Jan 29, 2001
However I am not a subscriber to the WORLD WEEKLY NEWS, you can not help but notice the tabloids as you await the checkout of your groceries from the market. I wish the hell that they would lay off of TITANIC. Once more they are featuring an outandish TITANIC cover story. The TITANIC lifering is furthur used as a vessel to compund this nonsense.

WWW...get a grip on reality!

Michael A. Cundiff
USA

Dec 4, 2000
They focus on Titanic because it sells papers. My librarian friends say that the top-circulating book topics are John F. Kennedy, Marilyn Monroe, and Titanic. For tabloids, I suspect that Princess Di comes in ahead of those. The truth does not matter, only the subject matter. That's why I'm thinking of writing a book about the night Jack spent with Marilyn on the Titanic in Princess Di's suite.

--David G. Brown

Apr 22, 2012
Hello Michael,

I wish they would get off the subject of Titanic, too. Their website (www.weeklyworldnews.com) has an address for people to send them mail. If we really wanted to stop the Titanic lies, then perhaps we could all write them an angry letter, although I doubt it would help; they would probably write back with information on how we can subscribe to Weekly World News!

A friend of mine was even considering starting an anti-Weekly World News website focusing on their Titanic lies. I have never saw him as angry as he was on the night I told him about that "story" they ran claiming Captain Smith was a transvestite! Smith is his favorite historic figure from the tragedy.

Cheers,
happy.gif

-B.W.

C

Cassandra Crowther

Oh, yes, I saw that story about Capt. Smith really being Eleanor Janine Smith, too. Yeah, RIGHT is all that I can say. Either those guys at WWW have WAY to much time on their hands or someone slipped some magic mushrooms into their salads at lunch one day!

I know that the lot which buys this sort of garbage are not top-notch intellectuals, but it never fails to amaze me (WWW puts me far past amusement)what these sorts will believe. Captain Smith in a dress, my eye!

Dec 2, 2000
Easley South Carolina
Uhhhh...Brandon, as much as I would like to see The Weekly Birdcage Liner leave off on the Titanic, I have a sneaking hunch that hostile letters would actually prompt them to do even more such stories. These rags seem to thrive on that sort of thing.

Cordially,
Michael H. Standart

Apr 22, 2012
Hello Michael,

Yes, that might be the case. They seem to have a talent for printing things people don't want to see (at least people with a brain in their skull!).

The next headline: ENCYCLOPEDIA TITANICA MEMBERS ARE REINCARNATED SOULS OF TITANIC VICTIMS!

So I suppose you're right; we shouldn't write them angry letters.

Cheers,
happy.gif

-B.W.

Dec 2, 2000
Easley South Carolina
Reincarnated souls???? Ewwwwwww....I wouldn't touch that one with a ten million, nine hundred ninety eight thousand, one hundred fifty one and a half foot pole!

(The above sung to the tune of "You're a Mean One, Mr. Grinch")
wink.gif

Cordially,
Michael H. Standart