Ruth Beck

Status
Not open for further replies.

ruth Beck

Jan 10, 2008
Hi,
My name is Ruth Beck. My grandmother from Manchester emigrated from England in 1912 to join up with my grandfather in Rhode Island to be married. Her family was well enough to do to send their wedding gifts across the sea with a man who was travelling on the Titanic from the UK. My grandmother came over on an immigrant ship the day before. I believe a Mr Arthur Gee, from Salford, traveled over on the Titanic carrying the wedding gifts as the Gee family thought it was safer. My grandmother was from Romiley, maiden name Annie Gee. I know she entered through Boston.
I know whatever went down is forever lost and my grandparents just accepted it. I do think of it quite often, it has been a good family story. Was there any documentation of , maybe trunks, that were stored on the Titanic and were to be delivered to people in the United States. My grandmother arrived the day before the Titanic went down and was waiting to get the gifts and then to go to Rhode Island and get married. She married Sam Woodhead of Stalybridge in Rhode Island. I appreciate any ideas on finding out this type of information.
Regards,
Ruth Beck

May 27, 2007
Hi Ruth,
I wonder if you Grandmother's things are still down there in preserved condition?

There was a Ruth Becker on board the Titanic in second class traveling with her Mother and siblings!

I also had ancestors on my Mother's side enter though Boston! Hope to see you on the boards!
happy.gif
Welcome to
et.gif

ruth Beck

Jan 10, 2008
I would love to know if the gifts are still down there. My Gee family line has pretty much died out. But there was always a fascination with the Titanic. If Arthur Gee brought them over, would there be documentation on his baggage? I have been in touch with his family, they don't know.

Thank you, Ruth

May 27, 2007
That's a pity! Did your Grandmother ever say what Arthur Gee was bringing over for her? There's a chance that all of it might be in a steamer trunk just waiting to be found. Did she ever file for compensation with White Star for the loss of her goods?

ruth Beck

Jan 10, 2008
No, George, but I have a good idea what she would have wanted. Irish linens, tea cups, china set, commemorative items, silver ware, decorative plates. That would be a good start!

Status
Not open for further replies.