Ruth Becker

A

Adam Tarzwell

Possibly could Ruth Becker have been wheeling her brother on A Deck and looked into the Palm Court/Verandah Cafe? I mean I don't know if at any time in the voyage 2nd class passengers were allowed in that area... they had big huge windows.

J

João Carlos Pereira Martins

I suppose my question doesn't implicate a new thread, but I know a single interview of Ruth Becker, the one that appears in the recent Cameron's DVD (the one she's wearing a red shirt. Is there any registers of the interview's date? I'm interested in other interviews and conferences she gave at old age.

John Clifford

John Clifford

Joao, it is possible that the same interview was included in "Death of a Dream/The Legend Lives On". My guess is that it was sometime in the late 1980s, after the Titanic was found.
Ruth had died before "Death of a Dream/The Legend Lives On" first aired.

John Clifford

John Clifford

Ruth also was interviewed after September 1, 1985. She was another survivor who wished that the wreck site be left alone. She is also the last survivor to have had her ashes scattered at the wreck site.

J

She died in July 6 and I did one minute silence for her death at 9.00am. She was a nice lady!

A

Andy In

that's very nice of u to do that. my church did that at there prayer meeting. but did she have another son? because i heard from my dad's friend that she had a son named Roger.

Andy

A

Andy In

my church did that at there prayer meeting too. did she have another son? because i heard from my dad's friend who was also at the prayer meeting that she also had a son named Roger.

Andy

J

Yeah, I heard she had a son who lived in Mexico. Don't know if he's still alive!

João

M

Marilyn Lena Penner

I bought a VHS copy of the A & E documentary on Titanic Death of a Dream / Legend lives on. That was before 1990, about two years after the ship was found.

I still feel a catch in my throat when Ms. Becker-Blanchard broke down describing the cries of the women.

Jason D. Tiller

Jason D. Tiller

Staff member
Hi Marilyn,

quote:

That was before 1990, about two years after the ship was found.

The A&E documentary was done in 1994.​

M

Marilyn Lena Penner

Hi Jason,

I need a new pair of glasses. Why do they put the copyright in small print. It looked like 1988.

Marilyn

J

John Paul

Maybe it happened on Sunday where they went to mass and maybe they attended the mass on the first-class so Ruth probably saw the first class dining room(Well, I read the book Titanic Crossing by Barbara Williams.)