Ruth Blanchard's Family

M

Mark Bray

I have been researching Ruth Blanchard's family. I have been trying to locate her daughter, Jeanne Lehman. I know that at the time of her mother's death she was living in Santa Barbara. I located an address for her in Santa Barbara by using the Internet. I then wrote to the address and never got a reply. I called lastnight, and there a man answered. He said that he was renting the Santa Barbara home from Jeanne Lehman. He said that she was living in Palm Springs, CA. I then called the number he gave me. No one answered. I called again today, a man answered and then handed the phone to Jeanne. She said that her mother is deceased, which Ruth is, and that I have no wrong person, I asked her if her Mother was Ruth Becker Blanchard, I do not know if she did not understand me, or what. Can someone please tell if she is still living, and hopefully reaasure me that I actually did contact the wrong person. It is eating me away, it is one of those things that if you not find out you will think about it forever. I hope someone can help. Thank you very much. However, if it was the wrong person, What a Similarity!!!!!
happy.gif

Regards,

Mark Bray

Dec 2, 2000
Easley South Carolina
Mmmmmmm...you might want to be very careful about contacting families. Some don't mind chatting with bona-fide researchers, but others are of the conterary opinion. They don't welcome the inquiries at all.

Some of our board members hsve contacted survivors and next of kin and would know how to go about it in a manner that would be perceived by same as tactful. One bit of advice though, if you write to somebody and are ignored, it's probably best to leave it alone.

Cordially,
Michael H. Standart

George Behe

Dec 11, 1999
Hi, Mark!

I'm sorry to have to tell you that Jeanne Lehman passed away several years ago.

All my best,

George

M

Mark Bray

2 Comments:
To Michael
Thank you for the advice. I have talked with over 75 relatvies and befriended ALL of them. If I do not get a reply to a letter, I never write again, nor do I call. It was just so important to me to know if Jeanne Lehman was alive or not, and you have to admit it was so similiar. I understand that some family members would not want to talk about the terrible relation to the Titanic in their family...and I then leave it alone.
Secondly to George...thank you very much, I feel really stupid now, but I guess since all the facts matched up, I really thought it was her. Thanks to all. By the way when was Jeanne Lehman born? Did Ruth have any other children, if so when were they and are they still living, if not, when did they pass away. Thanks to everyone out there, for it not be for you guys, I would not know what to do.

Regards,

:)Mark Bray
happy.gif

Andy In

Feb 19, 2006
does any1 know if ruth's children are still living today? I really want to have a talk with her daughter in Santa Barbara, Ca. It you do, please tell me. Thank You

[Moderator's note: This message, originally posted as a separate thread, has been moved to this pre-existing thread addressing the same subject. MAB]

Andy In

Feb 19, 2006
wait,
never mind. I just saw that Jeanne Lehman has passed away years ago. By the way, when did she pass away? Is Richard Blanchard still alive? and didnt ruth have another child?

Andy