Sage Family

M

maurice wener

Hi Norm ,I am related to Annie Elizabeth Cazaly.My mothers maiden name was Cazaly ,her family were hugenots and I heard tell of a relative who perished on the Titanic along with her husband and 9 children.If anyone has any information regarding the cazaly famly i would be interested to hear from them
Maurice
LOndon (UK)

Penny Cazaly

Mar 9, 2006
Hello Maurice, We also are related to Annie Elizabeth Cazaly. Please get in touch to exchange information
Penny Cazaly

Bob Godfrey

Nov 22, 2002
UK
Penny, Maurice doesn't log on very often and will probably not see your message. I Suggest you click on his name (in the left hand column) to bring up his profile page - from there you can send an email and hopefully reach him.

J

justin meeks

hi as far as I know I am a descendant of the sages on board the titanicI have a fact to add to this story john george sage had a brother and iam a descendant of that brother on a post it talks about him owning some apartments in norfolk well this is where at least in my family tree where this brother lived and also owned the buliding where his brother had a store! way too much of a conincidence

Penny Cazaly

Mar 9, 2006
Justin, I am trying to do the Sage family tree. Can you let me have the information you have on the brother and his family? It would be very helpful, Penny Cazaly

Carla Combs

Mar 31, 2005
We're looking for anyone who might have a picture of the Sage Family or know who to contact for a copy of one. We are very interested in the story behind the Sage family. We are wanting to tell their story in our Titanic Attraction being built in Branson, MO. and would like to have a picture to go with the story. However, we have only found one picture of the family at this time and the quality is not the best.

Bob Godfrey

Nov 22, 2002
UK
Hallo, Carla. The photograph you have seen was first published in newspapers back in 1912 and though it has appeared more recently in many publications, the source seems always to be the crudely-screened newspaper image rather than an original print or negative. If the original still exists and you can track it down we'd love to see it! It is probably the only available photograph which shows the whole family. Others exist of particular family members, but these I think are not available for publication at this time.

RICHARD SMITH

Jun 12, 2009
Hello, I have been researching my family tree which involves the Sage family of Hertfordshire. I read on a web post that Penny Cazaly had been looking up the Sage family and thought that John's Grand Father was born in St Albans 1808. If this is true then I think I Have him in my tree as my gt gt gt grand father.

M

Miranda Martin

I would like to know: since Stella Sage got into a lifeboat, why couldn't Dorothy, Will, Ada, Constance and Thomas follow? Wasn't there enough room?
M.

J

João Carlos Pereira Martins

That's quite difficult to answer, since there is few information about that. Although, my opinion is that the Sages got in the boat deck quite late in the sinking, lots of people were already panicking and there lots of confusion. Perhaps she was separated from her family.

Hope this helps.

Regards,
João

M

Miranda Martin

Thanks for the advice, I'm writing a story about Ebba Andersson, Nourelain Boulos, Catherine Johnston, Constance Sage, Torborg Palsson and Jeannie Lefebvre. I just needed to know what happened to the younger Sages.

Nov 11, 2005
So i have read on Mr.Sage's ET page that the family had sustained the previous losses of two infants, and judging by the timed birth of their other children, i would say these two children were born/died between 1900-1910. Does anyone have any information of this?

Penny Cazaly

Mar 9, 2006
Stella Sage.

It is often said that Stella reached a life boat and that the family reached the boat deck. I would like to see the evidence on which these facts are based. I have searched and searched but not been successful

T

Talira Greycrest

So sad to see that entire families were lost. From what I've read about the Sages, Annie wasn't too enthusiastic about travelling to America by ship due to a near-drowning involving one of her daughters. Also, if it's true that the Sages did manage to reach the boat deck and Stella refused to stay in a boat because her father and brothers weren't allowed in, I can't say I'd blame her for doing that. After all, if she'd stayed in that boat and survived, she still would have lost people she cared about. So, rather than leaving her father and brothers behind, she chose to stay with them. I'd do the same. In a situation like that, there's no way I'd abandon the people I love.