Sailing Schedule & Passenger List

tom blackburn

Jul 1, 2004
Does anyone know how many passenger list / sailing schedules were produced for each sailing of a ship?
Were these available for purchase on board, sent to passengers? There are different ones for each class of service?
I am wondering for a particular sailing date, if having one is rare or are there many of them out there?

Jul 12, 2003
Are you talking about the Titanic or any ship?

In terms of immigration and as far as I know, an embarkment list was made at the departure ports. There were passenger lists available at the ports of arrival with all sorts of info.

One list per ship, per sailing date.

Ancestry.com and Ellis Island both have records of passenger lists.

Ancestry also has a list of surviving passengers with a list of where they intended to go after the Carpathia picked them up. It's called Titanic Survivors, Carpathia Passengers, 1912.

Personally, I don't believe any are "rare" as they are available to anyone online or at any genealogical society. I have copies of the lists that all my great-grandparents were on.

Out of curiosity...what are you looking for?

tom blackburn

Jul 1, 2004
I am talking about any ship. I am not talking about immigration lists you get from ancestry, but the original sailing schedule booklets printed by White Star line and then they would insert the passenger list for each sailing & ship inside the booklet.
I am just curious if these were widely distributed, given out by travel agents or given out on board and how many were printed for each sailing?
The original I have for the Adriatic in July 1911 lists the Titanic as sailing on March 20, 1912.

Dec 6, 2000
Hello Tom,

I believe all passengers were given Passenger Lists for their class when on board the ship. The one reproduced by THS from I understand one saved by Mrs Thayer contains both 1st and 2nd Class. http://secured.titanichistoricalsociety.org/store/tek9.asp?pg=products&specific=jnrqhqj8

I still have 2 or 3 copies of a 3rd Class Passenger List that belonged to my family for a 1908 sailing of the Athenic. When you open it the List is printed on the inside. It is not a loose leaf insertion.

tom blackburn

Jul 1, 2004
Anybody know how often White Star would print up the sailing schedules? The one's I have appear to have about 1-2 months of sailing dates on the main section. Then it looks they would attach the specific passenger lists for a particular sailing date and ship.