Saturday Service

E

Elizabeth A.

I understand there was a jewish service, but what about saturday keeping christians?

Jun 8, 2005
I'm one! Seventh Day Adventist. Not that that's directly related to the question... There's not so many in Britain though. and I haven't heard of any services on Titanic that would relate to that. So I don't think there were any services specially, in all probability!

Kyrila Scully

Apr 15, 2001
South Florida
I'm a Seventh Day Adventist also, and I don't know for certain that there were any SDA passengers aboard Titanic, but I've had suspicions about Dr. Alice Farnham Leader - though I've nothing to base it on.

However, there is nothing to indicate that there were services for Jews or Sabbath-keeping Christians aboard Titanic.

Kind regards,
Kyrila Scully

Brian Ahern

Dec 19, 2002
I recently found a couple of obituaries of Dr Leader's husband. He was a Catholic and active in the Knights of Columbus. That Dr Leader's funeral was, according to her obit, said by a Father O'Farrell would seem to indicate that she converted to her husband's religion.

U

Unregistered

My great grandmother

My family is seventh day adventist and I just happened to stumble upon a video claiming to have Adventists on the Titanic, which was very interesting because my Great-grandmother had a ticket and ended up missing it. (We still have the ticket--- somewhere).