School Project

A

Ashley Nonya

Hi... I am doing a school project were for now untill the end of the school year we have to be someone that was on the titanic. I chose Miss Lucile Polk Carter, if anyone has info on her and her family please post the info/site

Thanks,
The Temporary Lucile Polk!

Bob Godfrey

Nov 22, 2002
UK
Ashley, you can make a start with the information about Lucile, her parents and brother which we have here in the biographies section of ET. Lucile's page (quite brief, I'm afraid) is here:

https://www.encyclopedia-titanica.org/titanic-biography/lucile-polk-carter.html

Follow the links on that page to get to the other members of the family and to lifeboat 4. Then browse through the 'Life on Board' section of the message board to get a general idea of what it was like to be a First Class passenger on the Titanic. Also try the search engine to find any other references to 'Lucile Polk Carter' on this site.

Matt Smith

Sep 23, 2002
Hey Guys!

Wasn't it Lucile who divorced her husband possibly because her husband was saved from the ship and couldn't take all the bad comments?

I maybe wrong though.

Matt

Mick Molloy

Nov 29, 2002
Just returned to UK from a visit to Cork. Went to Cobh for some of the time; enjoyed the heritage centre and the Titanic bits.
Whilst sitting on the harbour wall I met a local man who when he heard about my interest in the Titanic, told me this yarn.
Back in 1995 another local who was unemployed won the lotto. His name is Vincent Keaney. He goes and buys up the local dole office which at one time had been the ticket office for the White Star Line and turns it into a pub called "The Titanic".
There is certainly a pub by that name on the quay, but is the story fact or fiction? Does anyone out there know?

A

Ashley Nonya

Ok umm hi? lol thanks for your help but Mick umm how does ur post help me? lol srry just having a bad day today. I am mad at some of my friends and I'm not having a good day.

Anyway thanx

Mark Baber

Dec 29, 2000
Hello, folks---

Passenger information is not my strong point, but I think the confusion which appears above results from the fact that both mother and daughter were Lucille Polk Carter; "Polk" was the mother's maiden name and the daughter's middle name. Ashley's request for info on "Miss Lucille" relates, I take it, to the daughter.