Scotland Road

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dec 23, 2005
In one scene in the movie wen jack and rose brake the door and the steward say that they have to pay for that and the say shut up Was that on the scotland road??? thank you
Kristjan

D

Diego Uriol

Hi all!

I disagree, if you have noticed, Rose uses the Scotland Road to rescue Jack from the Master at Arms office. And that corridor is flooding. There's no explanation for being first in a flooding corridor and then a dry one!

Diego

Sep 1, 2004
You can not say if she uses the Scotland Road to rescue Jack from the Master at Arms office, because there is a mistake in the Titanic's design - there was no crewman passage. On the left side from the elevators on the E-Deck was a wall.

Aug 15, 2005
Darwen, United Kingdom
On the left side from the elevators on the E-Deck was a wall.

On the other side of which was Scotland Road. Personally, I think Cameron was just making up these routes for the simple fact that I know how bloody hard it is to write an *exact* testimonial in regards of corridors and stairways whilst trying to carry out your story successfully.
No matter how much you try to stick to the deckplans, you have to make a few things up.

May 3, 2005
David-

Re: >>Does anybody know where they got the name "scotland road"from?<<

I tried searching on several search engines but the best I could find was that "Scotland Road" was just "a slang term of the time used in jest from a well known road."

Help ! Michael ! Prof. P ! Or anyone else ! Do you have a better source of information ?

Respectfully,

Robert

david wilson

Mar 17, 2003
Robert,this was a "loaded"question!Apparently Cilla Black hailed from scotland road.Does that give you a clue?As titanic was registered in liverpool,did she ever go there?
seven degrees west.
regards.
dw.

Bob Godfrey

Nov 22, 2002
UK
Robert, Scotland (or 'Scottie') Road was the main axis of an area of poor-quality housing near the Liverpool docks, a thoroughfare for the local working-class population as well as for seafarers who were possibly attracted by the 200 pubs along its length! The use of the name for the working alleyway was thus quite appropriate and was generic to many ships, not just the Titanic.

david wilson

Mar 17, 2003
Bob,you're spot on,how I know,I have a few "scouse"mates who used to live there.
seven degrees west.
regards.
dw.

Status
Not open for further replies.