Status
Not open for further replies.
Are there any people who frequent this board living in Scotland?

There is an exhibition on at the moment in Stirling organised by the Falkirk Titanic Society and apparently it has done remarkably well. Surely I'm not the only Titanorak to be found outside of Falkirk?

Have any of you had any contact with the Falkirk Titanic Society or are you members?

RSVP

D

David Haisman

Hi Stuart,
My wife and I have just recently been made honourary members of the Falkirk Titanic Society and just returned to Southampton from Falkirk a few days ago. We were guests of Sean Szmalc and his wife Margot and I can assure you that you can be proud of your society with a world wide membership of over 6000 and growing ! Whilst there, we had the great pleasure of meeting 6th Engineer, Billie Moyes' grandaughter and the great grandson of Captain Rostron.
Next year there will be a Titanic Family reunion over 3 days with life size models and direct family relatives meeting together and much more. There will also be very favourable accommodation being organised for the event at the Park Hotel, Falkirk. This is without doubt, a Titanic Society that has it's sights set in the right direction. For further details of this
reunion you should contact Sean Szmalc on <[email protected] ife.co.uk>
Yours Sincerely,
David Haisman

S

Stephen Hurst

Hi Stuart,

I don't know if I count, but I live just over the boarder!

I have heard of the Falkirik Society before but its really pushed me into finding out some more.

Kind Regards,

Stephen

Jan 2, 1997
I am appalled - and I also feel as if I have let you lot down, since Mr Smalcz 'flamed' me personally regarding his earlier exhibit in Stirling, and so I was aware of his touchiness regarding certain exhibits

I can't add anything to the earlier threads, and I apologise for being away and missing this. Scottish buffs out there - I rather think we should do something about this..... For example, I notice he appears to be taking money off people to join this society, and then keeping it - no wonder he can afford to have people as guests at the Southampton convention. What a good press story.

Oh, and Sean, if you're reading this - and I suspect you are, don't bother emailing me.

Jan 2, 1997
err... right Scottish Titanoraks, before we got deflected by Falkirk, I think we were trying to find who all lived in Scotland (and it's environs) and perhaps arrange a wild evening of fact-swapping ? I'm in Edinburgh - where's everyone else ? We could arrange something for late summer (yes, we do have a sort of a summer in Scotland ! We just don't brag about it ! ) or early autumn ?

Any ideas ?

S

Stephen Hurst

Hi Susan, I live just over the boarder from you, about a hour away, if = I can get off work id be intrested in comming up.

(that is if you will let a wanabe in?!
happy.gif

Kind Regards,

Stephen

Jan 2, 1997
hi Stuart !

errr....yes, that was me, actually. I had to spend an inordinate amount of time staring up an elephant's bum - not as dangerous as it sounds, on account of the fact that the elephant in question has been dead since 1929, apparently. I felt compelled to point out that it needed a good dusting.

I seem to recall your interest in the Britannic - did you ever go up to Edinburgh Castle and check out the window in the War Memorial ?

Stephen - you are not a wanabe, but a hugely welcome guest, once we get this thing off the ground !

S

Stephen Hurst

Hi Susan,

Thaks for including me, it all sounds interesting! Cant wait untill = something happens, ill keep my eyes peeled!

Regards,

Stephen

Status
Not open for further replies.