Sea of glass question

It depends where you are based? At the time of posting this message, here in the UK there are two options: There is a kindle version on Amazon (£15.60) or there is a brand new copy on Ebay going for £22 (free delivery), which considering it is out of print and become highly sought after is a great price.

Either way, I cannot recommend this book highly enough.

Arun Vajpey

Jul 8, 1999
There is a brand new copy on Ebay going for £22 (free delivery), which considering it is out of print and become highly sought after is a great price.
That is an outstandingly good bargain, if ever there was one. It is a unique book and if I were you, I'd grab it if it is not already gone - if it has, I won't be surprised.

I never felt like "reading" a book on Kindle but for On A Sea of Glass, you need a paper copy (preferably hardback) to refer frequently. I live 6 months in India and 6 months in the UK and always take this book and Sam Halpern's "............Centennial Reappraisal" with me in the suitcase so that I have them with me all the time.

Reactions: 1 user

Mike Bull2019

Oct 8, 2019
UK
I have a paperback copy, but the print may be a little small and packed in for some- it is almost two books printed in the space for one- so I would strongly recommend a Kindle version for ease of reading on a tablet- which even the authors say themselves!

Cannot recommend the book highly enough, however.

Arun Vajpey

Jul 8, 1999
I suppose I am of the Old School. I like the feel of a proper book in my hand when I read something. I find it very hard to relax and 'get involved' with Kindle copies.

The other things is that I use my paper copies of both OASOG and SSTACR as reference tools which I can grab and dig into at moments's notice. Also, If I am researching into someone, I often place paper markers (I never write or mark on the actual book) of the appropriate pages to be looked up, sometimes repeatedly. This is especially the case with OASOG with its chronological depiction of events, detailed appendicies etc. Such things would not be possible with a Kindle copy.

Mike Bull2019

Oct 8, 2019
UK
I absolutely agree- I was just pointing out the small print 'issue' for the original poster.

Nothing beats a real book in your hand!

Reactions: 1 users
Mar 17, 2018
I live in the U.S. and I can’t remember if I got a copy on Amazon or eBay. But I’m pretty sure it was one of the two. I think I paid $50 for it at the time (a few years ago, it was the third edition from 2015), but I got my money’s worth and more. Probably the best, most-well researched of the modern Titanic books. It’s considerably bulkier than most Titanic books, but after reading it you will understand so much more of nearly every aspect of the story. Good luck and keep your eyes open. Occasionally a decent copy will come up second-hand for reasonably cheaper. You can be cheated though so watch out. On the back of my copy, it said it was originally sold for £25 (I don’t know the current exchange rate and it changes frequently). I know that British pounds are usually more valuable than the U.S. dollars. Anyways, hope this helps.

Reactions: 1 users