Search for HMAS Sydney II

Status
Not open for further replies.
>>I think it points to the essential accuracy of the German testimony, but it's not all that helpful in locating Sydney.

I agree with the accuracy of the German testimony, but surely if one takes the oil patch seriously as a Sydney candidate it provides a much tighter search area - even allowing for the possible error factors in Catalina navigation and drift assessment doesn't it narrow the search to one say, on a par with Dr. Ballard's Titanic search area rather than the huge expanses previously discussed? Of course, the oil could have originated from Kormoran, but it's certainly a good starting point for a search.

Thanks Dave
Interesting tall tale here. I love a good Story. Especially read what Mr. Arkers former boss Mr. Mearns thinks of his effects. All sounds pretty fishy to me. Forgive the bun, corny I know. Where's the Proof, is what I wanna know. In Pudding probably. Ha Ha
couldn't resist.
Thanks again Dave for sharing.

I'm wondering if there is villainy at work.

There is a man called Timothy Akers MA BSc who is listed by the National Maritime Museum in Britain as a marine researcher. He claims rather broad expertise, but there's no hint that he's a nutter.

The story has not been taken up by our ABC, or by the BBC. I suspect the tale is being checked, perhaps via his e-mail address, which is online. Maybe it's not Akers who is telling a tall tale.

What amuses me is the fact that he claims to have determined the nationality/identity of the numerous vessels he claims to have identified under the sea - all remotely by satellite !!
Wow!! Satellite technology has certainly come a long way. They'll be spying on fish next....

Michael >>What amuses me is the fact that he claims to have determined the nationality/identity of the numerous vessels he claims to have identified under the sea - all remotely by satellite !!<<
So he says. Well I still say the proof is in the pudding.
Satellite technology has come a long way.

Status
Not open for further replies.