Searching for a copy

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've been looking high and low for a copy of this book for what seems like ages. I was just wondering if there was some obscure place online where it might be available for purchase. If the answer to this question is simply, "Just keep checking ebay," I completely understand. It also seems like the times I have come across it it's been insanely expensive. Is it an out of print book, or just really hard to get a hold of? I apologize if these are silly or obvious questions to those more knowledgeable. Any help would be swell. Thanks!

Thanks for the help! The abebooks site is really great, and I'm sure I'll find plenty of use for that in the future. I'll keep checking around (I'm holding out for the revised Titanic Voyager version for the extra photographs). In the meantime, I'm reading The Story of the Titanic as told by its Survivors, which is extremely enlightening. So lots to keep me busy in the meantime. Thanks again!

L

Lynda Franklin

I will keep looking for the revised edition as well.I still haven't found it.

Inger Sheil

It does sometimes show up at Titanic conventions - a friend picked up a signed copy in Liverpool at the BTS. That dealer also had the original edition for sale.

Also try bookfinder.com - I see they've sourced a volume of Titanic Voyager with Amazon Canada, as well as a couple of used copies through Amazon UK

Prices are a bit excessive - not too bad on the Canadian Amazon, but the UK Amazon ones...! Much more than my friend paid for her signed, mint copy - which cost about the same as when I bought the same edition from a Southampton dealer in 1999!

L

Lynda Franklin

I just checked it out boy were they expensive too much for me .I may have to settle for one of the other copies rather than the updated version.

L

Lynda Franklin

Well I bought the older version rather to twittle my thumbs for TITANIC VOYAGER and is not worth the expensive prices that the book sellers think it is worth.That includes the Murdoch book ain't worth it .I will pay 20 dollars or maybe 30 but not 50 and especially not for a fairly recent book makes no sense .

L

Lynda Franklin

Well I recently got the Stenson book the older version the first printing I think.While there is ample info on Lightoller there were not many photo's of Lights that I hadn't seen so it was very disappointing .And the were almost no pictures of Lights and his family or for that matter more info on Sylvia which is what I was most looking for and more info on their children.So far on a star rating I would give it a two it ain't worth the money.

L

Lynda Franklin

While searching the net for a reasonable priced Stenson book I found a copy on amazon.com/de for about 50.00 that's if the currency converter is correct

I purchased this book, TITANIC VOYAGER The Odyssey of C.H. Lightoller in April, 1998 for 25 pounds (about $47.50 at today's exchange rate) Henry Loscher

M

mark garfien

http://www.amazon.com/odyssey-C-H-Lightoller-Patrick-Stenson/dp/0393019241/sr=1-1/qid=1164683842/ref=pd_bbs_sr_1/103-1250581-6820664?ie=UTF8&s=books here is a link to where I found some very innexpensive copies of stenson's bigraphy. Mine just arrived today after I finallly conned my parents into letting me buy it.
happy.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.