Second Class Floor Tiles

B

Brian R Peterson

Hi All!

I am working on some Second Class areas right now and I need to know the color of the floor tiles in the area, I believe them to be blue and white but I am unsure, if anyone can provide more solid evidence I would appreciate it.

Best Regards,

Brian

B

Brian R Peterson

Hi Dan,

The areas I am dealing with now are the entrance stairways.

Best Regards,

Brian

B

Brian R Peterson

Hi Nigel,

Thank you for the input, it was most useful, and photos of all the Olympic fittings were most exciting to view.

Regarding the floor tiles, I do see that they have a rather ugly green tint to them perhaps they were a turquoise color at one time, the tiles in my rendering are blue. I will post what I have done of the Second Class Entrance.

87716.jpg

Best Regards,

Brian

Dec 7, 2000
Brian,

Can't rmember where I read it, but I think the fore 2nd class staircase was tiled with green tiles, and the aft with red. I had never seen any references (either verbal or visual) to these tiles being blue.

Regards,

Daniel.

B

Brian R Peterson

Hi Dan,

Thank you for your input, it is useful as always. I based the tiles being blue on the earlier message where an example of one from Olympic was shown and it appeared to be a faded blue green color. However now it appears that they were green.

Hi Michael,

Thanks for the praise, the image is a black & white photo that I have worked my magic with, if you think this one is vivid you should see the full size version
proud.gif

Best Regards,

Brian

Dec 2, 2000
Easley South Carolina
>>Thanks for the praise, the image is a black & white photo that I have worked my magic with, if you think this one is vivid you should see the full size version <<

I'll bet. Just out of curiousity, how do you tell which colour is the right one? Is there something in the programming which can make things out from the varied shades of grey?

B

Brian R Peterson

Hi Michael,

The answer to your question is most times I really don't - areas like the Grand Staircase are easy because it mostly all woodwork with off white floor and ceiling, cabins and public room are tricky, time consuming and frustrating - but well worth the work.

A lot of it is trial and error, like my first draft of the fore Second Class Entrance, the creation of the floor tiles was a painstaking process at high magnification, and only after 80% of the floor was finished do I learn they are the wrong color and have to start over.

I have to research long and hard about an area I want to color before I start, things like woodwork are easy because you know the color of mahogany pine etc because you see it.

It becomes more difficult to do furniture, carpets, floor tiles unless I have either a color advertisement, read it in a book such as Shipbuilder or see an actual example from the Olympic or Titanic itself.

When all else fails, Dan K has been an invaulable reference to most of my work so far, whatever I can't find he usually knows
smile.gif

B

Brian R Peterson

Hi Michael,

Yes it is a very time consuming venture, but it really brings the Titanic to life to see her interiors in color rather than plain B & W.

I have my webpage up and running, its a bit of a commentary site, mainly used for my Dennis Miller like articles on various topics and for amusing pictures I come across, I have created a section for my various works and am in the process of creating it.

The URL is found under Adm. Farragut's famous quote yelled from the rigging of the flagship Hartford during the Battle of Mobile Bay August 5, 1864
smile.gif

Best Regards,

Brian

Sean Hankins

May 15, 2004
Brian that Picture is AMAZING!!! and I hope to see more! Better than any computer generated image i've seen. When you redo it to your liking show us your final draft!!!

C

Christine Geyer

Amazing picture, Brian!! I can imagine it's pretty time-consuming until you're finished with one, but the result makes it worth it!!

Best regards
Christine

B

Brian R Peterson

Hi Christine,

Thanks for the good word, this is one of best and most realistic renderings yet it would seen by the reactions!
proud.gif

Yes they are very lengthy projects to complete, however as you said they are well worth the effort, and since I began in August of last year, I now have an impressive catalog of images.

I have also learned a lot of new techniques in regards to coloring that enable me to add fine details that before I could not.

As Inspector Dreyfuss says:

"Every day and in every way I'm getting better and better"
smile.gif

Best Regards,

Brian