Second class staircases

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jun 2, 2007
Hello,
I'm French. I've ever been interested by Titanic, but I'm not going to be a "hardposter" (?), because my english is very bad. I speak english "like a spanish cow" (french expression ;-). I bed your pardon in advance.
I'm surprised by the proximity of the two second class staircases. Maybe to facilitate the access to the second class dinning-room ? I only want to know if somebody has an explication.
Many thanks.

Steve Olguin

Mar 31, 2005
Well from looking at the deck plans, the forward 2nd Class staircase would have been the central access point from the bottom of the 2nd class, to the sun deck. The 2nd staircase's main purpose was to provide access to all of the 2nd class accommodation. The saloon and the rest of the 2nd class public spaces were designed so that they could be easily accessed from the passengers berth. In my opinion, this was a great design. Sort of like a "hotel, with in a hotel".

Welcome to ET.
happy.gif
There are many posters on here from other countries who do not have the best English, so don't be afraid to post and ask questions. Most of the time, we can figure out what you are trying to say.
happy.gif
happy.gif

Jun 2, 2007
Thanks. It's quite easy to understand one post, but more difficult with a thread...
I was right. The dinning-room (saloon for you ?) and other public spaces was all accessible by forward and back fronts. I think that two doors was insufficient.
I don't understand your "hotel, with in a hotel" :-(

Status
Not open for further replies.