Thanks

Cameron Bell

jo

Sep 14, 2011
Hello! I am Joannie Durand. I want know the
date of death of: Anna and Wiljo Hamalainen

Thank you very much.

Apr 10, 2001
That is incorrect. Lyyli Silven (later Mrs. Otto Wilhelm Mailanen) died in 1974 at the age of 79). She left only a few scattered cousins in Santa Monica, California who are also now deceased.

C

chris olson

Anybody out there know what ever happend to Charles Eugene Williams? Like did he have a family and did any of his sons ever follow his footsteps?He was kinda well known when he was young but I can't find out anything on him later.

K

Kathleen McNulty

Hi Chris

Charles Eugene Williams died in Chicago, Illinois in 1935; I would like to be able to tell you more but I am in work at the moment and don't have access to my files.

Best of luck

Kathleen McNulty

C

chris olson

kathleen, thank u so much for the charles williams info. if you find something on his kids, especially if he had any sons i would really like to know. i am wanting to find out if they became racquets champions or even played the sport.

N

Nanette Purnell

I am a graveyard historian from Kailua, Hawaii who recently discovered that Lutie Parrish is buried in Oahu Cemetery in Honolulu. Her obituary indicates that she died on August 7, 1930. Her tombstone inscription reads:
Lucy Parrish
Daughter of the House of Temple
Mother
1842-1930
I am currently searching for more info about her life in Hawaii. Email me.

E

Eturner

My Uncle was a good friend of Eva Hart and she personally signed one of his Titanic books
Ed
Great Britain

Markus Ahonen

Aug 2, 2007
Lyyli Silvén was my grandmother Aino Ruokonen's (later Hautakangas) cousin. My grandmother died in 1973, but there is still a large family in Finland and also elsewhere in the world that know of Lyyli Silvén being part of the family.

Mike Poirier

Dec 31, 2004
Hello Markus-

I've always been interested in your family's story. I thought it was very sad when she went to her cousins stateroom and they basically told her to go as they wanted to be alone.

Markus Ahonen

Aug 2, 2007
I myself don't know much about Lyyli Silvén's life after her move to USA. I'm sure most of our family in Finland and elsewhere (I myself presently live in Ireland) would be interested to know more about her. You may contact me to to tell more about that era of her life and how she came to live in California.

Feb 10, 2008
Cameron,
Karolina Bystrom's maiden name was Jonsson. Do you know anything about her family in New York? Her husband? Any children? When did she die? I haven't found her in any of the lifeboats.
Would appreciate any information that you might have. Lilly

Mark Baber

Dec 29, 2000
Hello, Lilly---

Please note that while there may be others about with information responsive to your question, it's unlikely that Cameron will see it or respond. That message is more than ten years old and (s)he is no longer a registered member of this board.

David FIlpus

Nov 14, 2007
That is incorrect. Lyyli Silven (later Mrs. Otto Wilhelm Mailanen) died in 1974 at the age of 79). She left only a few scattered cousins in Santa Monica, California who are also now deceased.
Lyyli Silven was traveling with Reverend and Mrs. Lahtinen, who perished. Lyyli and Anna Lahtinen were cousins. Neither Lyyli nor the Lahtinens have living descendants. Ann Lahtinen (nee Silfven) had eight siblings. The siblings are all now deceased, but there are living descendants all over the Midwest.

rondagwell

Apr 14, 2012
Lyyli Silven was traveling with Reverend and Mrs. Lahtinen, who perished. Lyyli and Anna Lahtinen were cousins. Neither Lyyli nor the Lahtinens have living descendants. Ann Lahtinen (nee Silfven) had eight siblings. The siblings are all now deceased, but there are living descendants all over the Midwest.
Lyyli was my 2nd half cousin 3 times removed. Anna Lahtinen was my great grandfather Carl Silfven's younger sister. Carl and his family lived in Hancock, MI and it's with his family that Lyyli initially went to stay after the tragedy before moving on to California. In a letter I have from 1938 or '39 Carl mentions Lyyli walking into his studio again for a visit; he said he hadn't seen her since she stayed there in 1912.

Carl had a photography studio and I have hundreds of old negatives found in my grandparents' basement in Mackinaw City. I wonder if he ever took her picture.

Carl married Anna Lydia Filpus. I wonder if she's related to you.

Gianni Yrois

Aug 17, 2011
Munich
Hello everybody,

does anyone no what became of second class survivor
Mrs. Rosa (Roza?) Pinsky , resident at Burough Park Street 57, Brookly, New York City, New York, USA. I only no that she was jewish widow from Warsaw, Poland. I heard that she returned to Poland. I taught that she possibly became a Holocaust Victim but find her not in the database
but the list is not complete (over 3.000.000 names of 6.000.000 victims are listened).
If somebody no what became of her it would ber very nice
to reply or send me a email.

best regards
Gianni

David FIlpus

Nov 14, 2007
Lyyli was my 2nd half cousin 3 times removed. Anna Lahtinen was my great grandfather Carl Silfven's younger sister. Carl and his family lived in Hancock, MI and it's with his family that Lyyli initially went to stay after the tragedy before moving on to California. In a letter I have from 1938 or '39 Carl mentions Lyyli walking into his studio again for a visit; he said he hadn't seen her since she stayed there in 1912.

Carl had a photography studio and I have hundreds of old negatives found in my grandparents' basement in Mackinaw City. I wonder if he ever took her picture.

Carl married Anna Lydia Filpus. I wonder if she's related to you.

Anna Lydia Filpus was my great-grandfather Uuno Konstandt Filpus's sister. This is my familial connection to the Silfven family and the Titanic tragedy. According to my family tree, we are third cousins.